• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Veterans March On Dc- April 26th, 2006

Rate this question

Guest allanopie

Question

Guest allanopie

fwd from: VFVC News

Please pass this on to everyone on your email list today!

April 10, 2006

From the National Chairman , of Operation Firing for Effect and The Veterans March 2006

I am strongly asking everyone to contact their representatives I am not recommending but insisting that our committee do so and pass this onto all Veterans on their email list to start calling them directly and faxing if they have a facx,starting tomorrow and flood their phones, with calls and faxe's. Please make sure that this does not stop until they understand that we want them there, this is the time to act, Let's Roll!.

Leave a message and fax your heart out every day until April25 and 26, even if they aren't in their office just keep calling and faxing.

We have the Cannon House building for April 26,time 10:00 a.m. be there its your turn to be heard!, my friends.

Semper Fi

Gene D. Simes Chairman OFFE T V M 2006

Jeffery E. Phillips

Communication Director of the committee of Veterans Affairs

US House of Representatives

335 Cannon House Office Building

Washington, DC 20515

OK! Veterans why should we go to Washington, read the below information if you do nothing you lose everything, don't think that this something to beover look. You think because your a 100 per center, your not amuned think again. If you live in Virginia , Maryland or 3 hours from Washington , get your butt to the April 25 March and assemble, at 0 900 a.m. on the west front of the lawn facing the Capitol and then March to the Cannon House Building on April 26, time 10:00 a.m. Room 340, if you want to do something do it right lets show our government when the grassroots Veterans, have had enough we talk to walk and we walk to talk.

Can anyone prove to me, Gene D. Simes that this is not true:

As a Veteran concern,about Canandaigua VAMC, I have recently run into a confusing series of events by Hollywood acters,that manige the healthcare pertaining to the Service Connected veterans and that's you the 100 per centers. ( The Vaseline will be given free of charge to those qualifying get the message )

1.. !00% SC veterans are receiving bills directly from community providers, like FFT Hospital.

2.. They are given no reason for these bills and have not been advised to seek NAO

(Network Authorization Office) assistance with these bills.

3.. It has become apparent that the Canandaigua VAMC has somehow decided that

they will not pay for community services. It is unclear how they decided this or when, but it is rapidly becoming an issue.

4.. According to a NON-VA source, a county service officer (nobody internally had an answer), veterans who are 100% SC are still made to pay for services IF THEY HAVE NOT BEEN DECLARED “P/T” (Permanent/ and Total) on their data sheet in the MAS (Medical Administrative Services) record for a total of TWENTY YEARS. If they have a letter stating exactly WHEN they became SC the bill might be paid by the VA. Again, if it is over 20 years. Or ten??

If they are declared P/T ten years after their SC began they are also covered??

5.. And if there is a question, the P/T can be appealed to be made part of the MAS record. Most of the MAS records state “unanswered”. Was the question asked ??

6.. There is also the MILL BILL which will pay a percentage, with the understanding

that the community facility will NOT bill the veteran for the balance.

However, to make a long story short, there is massive confusion about bills, how many years you have to be SC, if you are “P/T”, what it means and what happens to the newer veterans (less than 10 or 20 years SC) who have been declared 100% SC…..All this in a community where medical services/procedures are no longer offered at the VA…so they

bill the veteran directly for something not under their control??

P.S. most of these veterans do not have insurance.

Does anyone out there have an answer?

• Answers 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Guest terrysturgis

Is anyone from Hadit going to DC? I am going to drive in early on the 25th, take a nap in my vehichle and go to the rally at 9:00 am. See y'all there. Terry Sturgis

i am getting very confusing messages about march, can anyone clear it up. my messages tell me that the vva is not behind the march and that the catholic church is handling alot of it. i do not quite understand what going on. i did plan on attending however i will not attend an event that is not handled correctly. if anyone has anything, please respond. this is not a slam at the catholic church, i just dont understand their involvement, i am not aware of them being involved in veteran affairs.

Guest fla_viking

Dear Fellow Veterans & Friends.

Vets should be marching on the courts and not in DC. THe lack of lawyers and acess to the enforcement authority in a court of law is the crux of our problems.

Terry Higgins

• In Memoriam

I don’r mean to rain on anyone’s parade, bur the biggest anti-VA demonstration I have ever seen was about 25 filipino vets protesting against the regulatory treatment they get from VA. Some have been fizzles, and at others no one showed up.

Some one ought to take a page out of the playbook of Million Man March or some of the other groups as to how get people out into the streets. . . publicity, busses, etc. Especially since less than half of the people approve of what VA has done for them (or hasn’t).

Or maybe the sedentary lifestyle of Vietnam vets and its consequences prevent this, although the dedication of the Memorial turned out a strong.

Alex

• In Memoriam

Alan –

There’s something fishy about VAHS trying to impose co-pays on 100% SC P & T vets, since you get free treatment for all conditions once you receive 50%. They should get it in writing and appeal to BVA.

Alex

• HadIt.com Elder

Alex,

I agree , I think that this has been poorly planned, it should be put off until October and much better organized to get the media involved, the group has no heavy hitters to stir the media , that is the key.

I have kept up on the website they have , and unless something immediate hapens I think they will fall short on funds. The DAV, VFW, American legion, and all other Vet orgs should be involved , I know they were invited , but unless the media starts covering this it will not have any effect.