VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Disability Percentage 0% To 100% Or None?

Rate this question

RockyA1911

Question

I've noticed that quite a few of the members profile tag lines reflect more than 100% rate of disability such as "100% + 30%", "100% + 70%, yep schedular!", etc.

Just wondering why because the questionaire of avail percentages when entering profile data is "0% - 100% or none".

Is there such a thing as more than being 100% total combined rating P&T?

I get HB because I have one single disability rated at 100% and then additional disabilities of 70%, 70%, 50%, 10%, and 10% for a combined total of 100%. So would that be 200%? or should I post as 100% + 100%?

As far as I know there is nothing more than 100% and that's it. Anything more is mereley SMC's (Special Monthly Compensation's), such as $320 per month housebound with the criteria being one single disability rated at 100% with additional disabilities of 60% or more.

Since there is nothing more or higher rating than 100%, I ask why all the 100% + 30%, 100% + 70%, etc...? I only listed myself as 100%.

Just wondering about the significance of the +'s.

• Answers 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

I believe they do it to show the utter stupidity, unfaairness, and anti disabled veteran state of the VA's antiquated compensation rating system. Numerous examples exist that show the VA is/was not interested in following the laws, and instead, seems to be bent on doing the absolute minimum to keep the "lid on". (enough, I'm starting to get angry again!)

I've noticed that quite a few of the members profile tag lines reflect more than 100% rate of disability such as "100% + 30%", "100% + 70%, yep schedular!", etc.

Just wondering why because the questionaire of avail percentages when entering profile data is "0% - 100% or none".

Is there such a thing as more than being 100% total combined rating P&T?

I get HB because I have one single disability rated at 100% and then additional disabilities of 70%, 70%, 50%, 10%, and 10% for a combined total of 100%. So would that be 200%? or should I post as 100% + 100%?

As far as I know there is nothing more than 100% and that's it. Anything more is mereley SMC's (Special Monthly Compensation's), such as $320 per month housebound with the criteria being one single disability rated at 100% with additional disabilities of 60% or more.

Since there is nothing more or higher rating than 100%, I ask why all the 100% + 30%, 100% + 70%, etc...? I only listed myself as 100%.

Just wondering about the significance of the +'s.

• HadIt.com Elder

I did it cause I was rated 30% for flat feet and 100% for Panic Disorder and now I am an S rating.

Perhaps I should just make mine 100% + S

The SMC "R-2" award is $7,650 per month for a single veteran.It shows that there are plenty of high levels of SMC awards and not just Ks or the S award.

Not only the ROs but vet reps themselves often do not recognise the potentials of SMC awards when they handle claims.

The "S" award is for HB or one additional disability rated SC at 60 or over.

The full gamit of other types of SMC awards such as K and the higher levels of SMC are all found within 38 USC 1114.

This doesnt mean however that all additional SC disabilities qualify for SMC.

I am asking for accrued R-1 level for my husband under Nehmer.

The medical evidence in his c file at his death warrants that award.

It is up to us to make sure our entitlement to SMC has been properly established by VA.

If the level they award is wrong it should be appealed right away.

As veterans get older they could find themselves in higher SMC levels.

Although SMC is an inferred issue for any claim that warrants it to be inferred-the VA certainly does not infer it properly all the time.

It is not how many SC ratings you have in addition to 100%- SMC is solelydetermined by the criteria in 38 USC 1114.

Edited by Berta

PS per Bradley V Peake- TDIU vets are now eligible for SMC entitlement and they might find the VA owes them retro for past SMC considerations that were denied.

They should file CUE claims on those decisions and cite Bradley and send the VA proof of their medical entitlement.

• HadIt.com Elder

Would Bradley v Peake help with effective date if not given when it should have been?

I think that there are many Veterans unaware that they could get higher awards from VA.

That is certainly how I see it Pete-

maybe someone should email or call NVLSP on that?

I spent a lot of phone time with NVLSP lawyer yesterday but never asked about that.

I too think this affects many vets who dont even know it yet.