VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Agent Orange

Rate this question

Berta

Question

http://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2009/12/04/...99871259950043/

with her background could this be a smoking gun?

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Yes- per the CHicago Tribune story here- they considered 100% PTSD for the AO payment-

and I remembered my husband had SSA award for CVA but when I requested reconsideration-the SSA award changed solely to SSA for PTSD and the payment fund gave him extra money for the new EED.

http://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2009/12/04/...99871259950043/

with her background could this be a smoking gun?

This is a constant with our government. I ran into this in my research on Guam and neurodegenerative disease, ALS/PDC. Somehow all are american sponsored scientist dismissed the contamination on Guam out of hand, no study, nothing. They did a number of dodge studies(studies that are meant to muddy the waters or use up resources or take science in the wrong direction). I believe Guam would have shown the modern day genesis of these types of diseases. All's we had to do is a viable study of the severe contamination on Guam, in particular the massive use of pesticides.

We now know that you never mix the pesticides, insecticides and herbicides, because if you do you get a much more toxic substance, the synergistic effect. This was done on Guam with DDT, Dieldrin, Agent White and sodium arsenite. I'm sure there are others that were used as well.(Using pesticides in this manner was a constant until about 1965. At least that is when I see acknowledgement of the synergistic effect of these pesticides. This happened all over, including Viet Nam) There is strong evidence to a link between pesticides and these types of diseases.

There are many of these dodge studies surrounding Guam and one was done here in Reno at the VAMC. The study was to be done of the cycad plant. This has been studied to death, but somehow still has legs even though the science shows never happened. But here in Reno it was useful in one manner. The DVA sent out letters in about 1992 to veterans who did service on this island and the immediate area, between about 1944 and 1955 and had these diseases, but I believe all did some sort of service on Guam. 18,000 letters were sent out to sick veterans, over 12,000 responded.

The only commonality here is the extreme contamination. Dengue fever was a huge problem, maybe as many as 80% of the troops caught it during the battle of Guam. The answer was to spray the insects that carried the disease. Enter DDT. It solved the problem but the entire island had to be sprayed every day for months. And there had to be frequent application thereafter.

At the same time they built the infrastucture of Guam. Ten military bases and the entire road system and any other vegetation control. Roads, towns beaches, so on and so forth.

Then you have the ravages of war and all that goes with in the taking of Guam. Explosives, napalm, voc's, so on and so forth.

Then you have the nuclear weapons testing and the fact that Guam was a part of the radiation zone, the island was used to decontaminate ships from the weapons testing and it was used as a storage facility for the munitions and equipment that was contaminated during the testing.

All of this was missed and much more by our scientist, those government paid lackeys.

I would like to add that cases of the disease ALS/PDC of Guam have been found in veterans as late as the early 70's and won at the BVA.

Well put- yes cases of AO in Guam, 16 AO Thailand VETS , and even Alaska AO VET WON------

"All of this was missed and much more by our scientist, those government paid lackeys."

And they count on the lack of pressure from veterans groups -

Project 112/SHAD - as example-

Shad vets need a monetary fund, and then to hire a real bio- Hazard expert, and then get a class action lawyer.