Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Nhl Please Help

Rate this question

rrobin51

Question

My husband has NHL and was awared 100%. From my research I understand that his award will end 6 months after he completes treatment and that he will be rated on residuals. Can someone explain resduals? What is the rating system, how do I find out about it? Can't seem to find any information.

I appreciate any help you can give.

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

• Founder

Tbird

Founder HadIt.com Veteran To Veteran LLC - Founded Jan 20, 1997

HadIt.com Veteran To Veteran | Community Forum | RallyPointFaceBook | LinkedInAbout Me

Time Dedicated to HadIt.com Veterans and my brothers and sisters: 65,700 - 109,500 Hours Over Thirty Years

diary-a-mad-sailor-signature-banner.png

I am writing my memoirs and would love it if you could help a shipmate out and look at it.

I've had a few challenges, perhaps the same as you. I relate them here to demonstrate that we can learn, overcome, and find purpose in life.

The stories can be harrowing to read; they were challenging to live. Remember that each story taught me something I would need once I found my purpose, and my purpose was and is HadIt.com Veterans.

Thank you, that was a big help. My husband's cancer is from AO exposure, he has also had a TIA (mini stoke) and had a couple of other issue. All happened after his treament started, would these incidents be considered 'residual'?

We have another proplem we need help with. My husband was wounded while there and awarded the Purple Heart, we don't have any paperwork, just the medal. After a 5 year battle we finally received a partial copy of his military records. The ambush is documented and notes he was send to a field hospital for teatment etc but no record of the purple heart and it's not on his DD214. We are trying to get his record corrected, since it will entitle him to better medical benefits. Can you help? I really don't know how to start.

I've been reading your board for awhile now and you all know so much, I thought maybe you might be able to help with this.

if a doctor states that they are residuals or caused by the AO NHL or its treatment, then claim them as secondary and VA will have to rate them.

Does he have diabetes or any other AO related disorder?

How about HBP -high blood pressure and if so I would ask the doc if that too is being caused by NHL or any SC condition (or even by any med for the NHL)

His service military records should contain the PH write up- also he could apply for a DD 215- a corrected DD214 with the PH and any other awards he missed on his DD 214. I will attach the DD149 form for application for correction of military records.

dd0149.pdf

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.

if a doctor states that they are residuals or caused by the AO NHL or its treatment, then claim them as secondary and VA will have to rate them.

Does he have diabetes or any other AO related disorder?

How about HBP -high blood pressure and if so I would ask the doc if that too is being caused by NHL or any SC condition (or even by any med for the NHL)

His service military records should contain the PH write up- also he could apply for a DD 215- a corrected DD214 with the PH and any other awards he missed on his DD 214. I will attach the DD149 form for application for correction of military records.

Yes, he has HBP, but he had that before the cancer. it's gotten much worse. thanks for all your help, you're great.

• In Memoriam

Residuals of a prostatectomy usually consist of urinary incontinence or bladder infection, which the VA finds easy to grant, as would be the case where cancer surgery takes off a limb.

Ratings are contained in Part 4, Title 38 of the Code of Federal Regulations. You can probably read it at any VA regional office or the local library. If you want a copy of your own, it is available from the Government Printing Service for about $50.

Alex