Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Denied As Well

Rate this question

erico541

Question

just got the denial letter from ss. i thought with a va psych doc saying i am un-employable and the va doc saying employment would be very difficult and a letter from voc re-hab saying i had too many problrms for their program i stood a chance. any way perhaps i will have better luck with iu decision i am waiting on. erico

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

ok i will call someone i suppose i am just pretty depressed right now.i just hope maybe i might get the iu but as of now i dont have too good of a feeling about much sorry for being so down i guess that is why the va gives me 50% for depression anyway you folks are great

ok i will call someone i suppose i am just pretty depressed right now.i just hope maybe i might get the iu but as of now i dont have too good of a feeling about much sorry for being so down i guess that is why the va gives me 50% for depression anyway you folks are great

I agree with Pete - do NOT give up - and get a lawyer. So many claims are denied at the initial level - but approved with the ALJ hearing. Often, the earlier levels can only determine if you fit EXACTLY in the parameters. (Those being listed at http://www.ssa.gov/disability/professional...ders-Adult.htm). But even if you don't fit EXACTLY in those parameters - an ALJ can STILL grant the claim (ALJs are given more discretion to think). Unfortunately it takes awhile, but do not give up!

And of course you are down. Most anyone would feel that way right now. A denial feels like a punch in the gut (and then some).

i feel like i have been punched yes no doubt with all of the lawyers out there what does one look for? any help would be really really appreciated thanks erico

If you have / had an attorney for any other matter, you might want to ask who they would recommend.

You also might want to ask for recommendations from people in your area.

National Organization of Social Security Claimants' Representatives http://www.nosscr.org/ also gives referrals.

When I was looking for an attorney, I found that most of them won't give you an appointment initially. They generally screen you by phone first (or often have an assistant do that).

I am hoping someone with more experience in hiring an attorney will come along and add their insight.

I wish you luck! And I hope you are feeling better (at least a little bit...)

Edited by free_spirit_etc