Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Va Mistake?

Rate this question

usmc0599

Question

hey guys,

i just received a decision for increase from he VA. i was awarded a10% increase for upper extremities secondary to my cervical arthritis. the increase put me at 60%. but, there lies the issue. im receiving 30% for pes cavus, 10% for left foot scar, 10% for right foot scar,10% for cervical arthritis and 10% for upper extremities pain ( fingers, shoulder, arms). according to the VA calculator, thats a solid 54%. which means im still at 50%, but the letter states that im at 60%. am i missing something here?

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

hey guys,

i just received a decision for increase from he VA. i was awarded a10% increase for upper extremities secondary to my cervical arthritis. the increase put me at 60%. but, there lies the issue. im receiving 30% for pes cavus, 10% for left foot scar, 10% for right foot scar,10% for cervical arthritis and 10% for upper extremities pain ( fingers, shoulder, arms). according to the VA calculator, thats a solid 54%. which means im still at 50%, but the letter states that im at 60%. am i missing something here?

I don't know much about this, but I have read about a bilateral disability rating - would that apply on your left and right foot? If so, it could have put you up to 55 or higher.

Good luck figuring it out. I'm sure someone more knowledgeable will chime in soon.

• HadIt.com Elder
I don't know much about this, but I have read about a bilateral disability rating - would that apply on your left and right foot? If so, it could have put you up to 55 or higher.

Good luck figuring it out. I'm sure someone more knowledgeable will chime in soon.

you have to be wrong the VA never makes a mistake IN a veterans favor

Test is right. Did you have two zero percent ratings which would equal one 10%? Or, try the fuzzy math calculator. I am thinking if its over 54.45% it rounds to 60%, but I am not sure.

i have four 0%s but they do not compute when i enter them in the calculator. my pes cavus is bilateral, but im not sure what that mean or how it calculate.

There is a bilateral factor for the left/right foot which would put your rating at aleast 55% thus rounding it up to 60%. The computer will not let the award generate a percentage that does not add up. Since both feet would have the same code, a bilateral code would have to entered in the system in order for the computer to take the information. The award is correct.

Edited by sharon

There is a bilateral factor for the left/right foot which would put your rating at aleast 55% thus rounding it up to 60%. The computer will not let the award generate a percentage that does not add up. Since both feet would have the same code, a bilateral code would have to entered in the system in order for the computer to take the information. The award is correct.

thank you sharon.