Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C & P Exam Report Does Not Address Dx'd Issues

Rate this question

hedgey

Question

Okay, so I was looking over the C & P report I got from records (again!) and something seems amiss.

I'd requested adding my right foot as secondary to my left foot due to favoring the SC left foot for 20+ years. When I submitted the claim, I'd included a Statement in Support of Claim that mentioned that my right foot was dx'd with plantar faciitis, morton's neuroma, and DJD. I had a nexus from my podiatrist from when she dx'd the PF, and had signed the release of records for the RO to review my podiatry records. The podiatrist's notes clearly include the dx's I mentioned, and the latest ones include a mention that the conditions are due to my SC condition.

But in the C & P report, the examiner makes NO mention of the neuromas or the DJD. The only thing mentioned is the PF, which is "at least as likely as not related to the SC condition, but may also be related to the pt's weight". That statement might be good, or it might be flimsy because it's qualified with the remark about my weight (I'm heavy, obese according to the charts, but that's another discussion). I'm especially interested because in my last two sessions with the podiatrist, she dx'd my right foot with RSD (which is what I have in my left foot) and increased my medications.

So what I'm wondering is where is the mention of the other problems? Does it matter? When I submitted the claim (with the help of a VSO I've essentially fired) I did not claim specifically for each diagnosed condition, just for "pain in right foot". But as I said, I mentioned each specific condition separately.

Should I submit physical copies of the podiatrist's notes to them? Is it possible that the VA would not review it's own doctor's notes?

Sorry to ramble. I have so many pills with my cereal each morning it's a wonder I can get the computer turned on!

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

I would submit anything and everything you have from any physician or health care person which relates to the conditions you are claiming. Remember certified/registered when you send them, or if near the VARO then hand carry them in and get them date stamped to be put in your c-file. More documentation can never be enough.

Be prepared to wait.

Good luck too. :huh:

Okay, so I was looking over the C & P report I got from records (again!) and something seems amiss.

I'd requested adding my right foot as secondary to my left foot due to favoring the SC left foot for 20+ years. When I submitted the claim, I'd included a Statement in Support of Claim that mentioned that my right foot was dx'd with plantar faciitis, morton's neuroma, and DJD. I had a nexus from my podiatrist from when she dx'd the PF, and had signed the release of records for the RO to review my podiatry records. The podiatrist's notes clearly include the dx's I mentioned, and the latest ones include a mention that the conditions are due to my SC condition.

But in the C & P report, the examiner makes NO mention of the neuromas or the DJD. The only thing mentioned is the PF, which is "at least as likely as not related to the SC condition, but may also be related to the pt's weight". That statement might be good, or it might be flimsy because it's qualified with the remark about my weight (I'm heavy, obese according to the charts, but that's another discussion). I'm especially interested because in my last two sessions with the podiatrist, she dx'd my right foot with RSD (which is what I have in my left foot) and increased my medications.

So what I'm wondering is where is the mention of the other problems? Does it matter? When I submitted the claim (with the help of a VSO I've essentially fired) I did not claim specifically for each diagnosed condition, just for "pain in right foot". But as I said, I mentioned each specific condition separately.

Should I submit physical copies of the podiatrist's notes to them? Is it possible that the VA would not review it's own doctor's notes?

Sorry to ramble. I have so many pills with my cereal each morning it's a wonder I can get the computer turned on!

Thanks, y'all. I guess I knew the answer to the question, but it's always good to have it reinforced.