Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Update On My Ao Prostate Cancer Claim!

Rate this question

Boro

Question

It must be 3 or 4 months since I posted any status.

Almost 8 months to the day, I found out, as of Feb. 10, 2010 my claim is sitting in the VA rating team. Pretty darn slow, I think, for a presumptive condition. I had my C&P exam last Sept 1. Over that time, they requested documentation from me, that they already had, at least twice. I would now hope that it will only take a week or two more for it to be completed.

Summary of my Prostate Cancer condition:

Diagnosed June 2000. PSA 26.2.

Prostate removed Aug. 2000

Cancer returned 2004.

Radiation treatments to remove at that time.

Damage to colon from radiation resulted in more residuals from the Prostate Cancer, other than the

expected.

I filed my claim July 8, 2009. I did not know until a couple months prior that I could be eligible for compensation.

I'll keep ya's posted.

Chuck

US Army Combat Engr. 12B20

Vietnam 1970-1971

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

Were all residuals mentioned in the claim?

Hopefully it wont take too much longer.

Yes, they were.

When they requested another document from me back in Nov. 2009, they all were in the list on that sheet they send that says - We are working on your claim for:

At that time I noticed they didn't acknowledge SMC "K". So, I made a formal request for it on the VA Form 21-4138, Statement in Support of Claim. After their repeated requests for things they had, I thought I should not leave this to chance. Who knows. After all this time they may still neglect to give it to me.

Were all residuals mentioned in the claim?

Hopefully it wont take too much longer.

PSA 26.2??? Man that WAS BAD. I'm WildBill's wife and if y'all don't mind I thought I would put my 2 cents in. Bill's cancer was dx in 2000 went to Johns Hopkins for a radical, cancer returned in 2008, went through radiation, had a heart attack during the time he was having treatments. He filed a claim in 2001, the VA gave him 20% SC. We have gone to the VA and asked for help for radiation. He has never seen a Urologist at the VA or an Onocolgist or a Cardiologist. We have paid for everything with private insurance. Bill was 100% six months after his completing his radiation in 2008. After his first PSA was normal they cut him to 60%.