VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Anyone Have Experience Dealing With Rep For Vets?

Rate this question

TANKERJOE0

Question

HI,I HAVE FILED MULTIPLE CLAIMS BY MYSELF WITH NO ASSISTANCE FROM ANY SERVICE ORG.

JUST MYSELF AND THE HELP OF SOME HERE ON HADIT.

I HAVE HAD SOME SUCCESS BUT AM CURRENTLY IN THE PROCESS OF SEVERAL NODS AND APPEALS.

I AM STARTING TO GET TO OVERWHELMED WITH THE WHOLE PROCESS.

I FOUND A COMPANY CALLED "REP FOR VETS"

THEY REPRESENT YOU.

BUT CHARGE A FEE BASED ON THE AMT OF YOUR CLAIMS BACK PAY??

CAN ANYONE GIVE ME THERE OPINION OF THIS COMPANY OR OTHERS LIKE IT?

ITS WORTH IT TO ME TO HAVE SOMEONE WITH MORE KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE DEALING WITH VA CLAIMS TO HELP GUIDE ME THROUGH THE PROCESS AND PAY THEM A FEE.

RATHER THEN DRIVE MYSELF EVEN MORE INSANE THEN I ALREADY AM.

BUT AM A LITTLE SKEPTICAL OF THIS?

THANKS FOR ANY HELP YOU CAN GIVE.

TANKERJOE0

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

HI,I HAVE FILED MULTIPLE CLAIMS BY MYSELF WITH NO ASSISTANCE FROM ANY SERVICE ORG.

JUST MYSELF AND THE HELP OF SOME HERE ON HADIT.

I HAVE HAD SOME SUCCESS BUT AM CURRENTLY IN THE PROCESS OF SEVERAL NODS AND APPEALS.

I AM STARTING TO GET TO OVERWHELMED WITH THE WHOLE PROCESS.

I FOUND A COMPANY CALLED "REP FOR VETS"

THEY REPRESENT YOU.

BUT CHARGE A FEE BASED ON THE AMT OF YOUR CLAIMS BACK PAY??

CAN ANYONE GIVE ME THERE OPINION OF THIS COMPANY OR OTHERS LIKE IT?

ITS WORTH IT TO ME TO HAVE SOMEONE WITH MORE KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE DEALING WITH VA CLAIMS TO HELP GUIDE ME THROUGH THE PROCESS AND PAY THEM A FEE.

RATHER THEN DRIVE MYSELF EVEN MORE INSANE THEN I ALREADY AM.

BUT AM A LITTLE SKEPTICAL OF THIS?

THANKS FOR ANY HELP YOU CAN GIVE.

TANKERJOE0

Tankerjoe, this is Loma Linda Bill and I am doing the same thing you are doing and if you find out anything let me know okay, I have several claims in PTSD, EED, MST, Loss of use of my right hand, I have Hodgkins and am wheelchairbound, ands still waiting to hear from someone. I am dealing with the DAV in San Dieago, and I do not like them at all.Please,let me know what you find out and I will do the same in return.

Bill

I have had good reps and bad reps. As a matter of fact, most of the service officers I have worked with in the past now call me for answers. That said, interview them to see if they know what they are doing. Just because they call themselves representatives do not mean that they know what they are talking about. Ask around in your area as to who is the experts in the area that you need help. No one is an expert in everyting.

• HadIt.com Elder

I don't know anything about this company by I had a NOVA

http://www.vetadvocates.com/

they are all "lawyers" and they are the most competent VA claims handlers in the nation as far as I know, Ken Carpenter is a member, they meet every 3 months a year, they have workshops on how to deal with certain claims, and they are able to e mail or call each other, for advice, so if they don't know they can call someone who does.

I asked Larry Scott at VA watchdog for a name of a lawyer in May 2007 when they were getting ready to allow us to get lawyers to fight the claims, mine was 5 years old at that time and the VARO would not even address my use in the human experiments at Edgewood Arsenal and my claims were going in circles

The name he gave me turned out to be a lawyer in Columbia SC which is where I live, the lawyer took it pro bono as it had been denied before the July 2007 effective date of us being able to pay lawyers I was willing to pay them but they said it would not be ethical I was amazed at the level of their compentency

after it was over and I was SC for CAD and hypertension I again offered to pay the 20% of the backpay and they refused to take it for the security it gave my family it was worth any amount of money I have had a failed triple bypass, a stroke 7 heart attacks, 2 failed stents and an ejection fraction less than 30% so if I die from a heart problem now my wife and kids won't lose the house or the VA comp

if I was going for a SC I would gladly pay an attorney 20% of the back pay if you use a lawyer to get your SSD approved they collect either 25% or a max of 5300 as it is capped the VA only lets them charge 20% but there is no cap

keeping an 80% of a back pay check is better than keeping a 100% of nothing with another denial

Tankerjoe, this is Loma Linda Bill and I am doing the same thing you are doing and if you find out anything let me know okay, I have several claims in PTSD, EED, MST, Loss of use of my right hand, I have Hodgkins and am wheelchairbound, ands still waiting to hear from someone. I am dealing with the DAV in San Dieago, and I do not like them at all.Please,let me know what you find out and I will do the same in return.

Bill

My first claim in the 1990's was out of the Hospital office of the VSO in San Diego, LaJolla. Now, my VSO is in Vista. I am not sure why you are not happy, but I think they do a great job. I caan only base it on my limited knowledge. I also think they are are overworked..

As far as offering you any advise you can use, I am sorry, but I can only offer you hope, I am reading this forum, just like everyone else,, to see if there is something I can add to help you..

Edited by retiredat44