Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

A0 Vets Might Sue

Rate this question

Berta

Question

Many of you , like me, have been checking the Federal Register site since the announcement from Shenseki on the 3 new AO presumptives,waiting fort the wording of the 38 CFR reg and having opportunity to comment on it.

The IHD regs are a big concern- and our discussions are over the months show why- and are reflected by many other advocates and vets groups-

http://www.vawatchdog.org/10/nf10/nfmar10/nf030310-3.htm

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.

• Answers 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I know i have hyperlidemia and a few months ago my doc said something showed up on the cat scan i undertook. She sent me to vascular clinic and i cannot quite remember what they said.

Something about one of the big arteries just below the heart ,and said their was nothing they could do about it right now.

I have trouble with limbs going "asleep" at night and fast beating heart at times. I will have to investigate more about my condition . At the time i was very depressed and told the doc i did not care if i died of a heart attack.

So does this sound like ischemic heart disease ?

I know i have hyperlidemia and a few months ago my doc said something showed up on the cat scan i undertook. She sent me to vascular clinic and i cannot quite remember what they said.

Something about one of the big arteries just below the heart ,and said their was nothing they could do about it right now.

I have trouble with limbs going "asleep" at night and fast beating heart at times. I will have to investigate more about my condition . At the time i was very depressed and told the doc i did not care if i died of a heart attack.

how many heart attackes have you had?

What is your MET ?

What is your EF ?

What medications for this are you ( Youir heart problem ) taking now ?

What part of your heart is damaged ?

One Shot, One Shovel

I can't say much about the limbs going to sleep at night but............ the fast beating heart at times. That could be signs of atrial fibrillation. Atrial fibrillation can be linked to various illnesses, among those being heart disease (IHD). Atrial Fibrillation left untended can, in some cases lead to ischemic stroke.

I suggest you get hooked up with a cardiologist.

how many heart attackes have you had?

What is your MET ?

What is your EF ?

What medications for this are you ( Youir heart problem ) taking now ?

What part of your heart is damaged ?

Well i do not know what a MEF,EF is , and i take cholesterol meds,i have never had a heart attack that i know of. From what i understood it was an artery i have to follow up and find out.

I just know i was sent to vascular clinic and i cannot hear ,usually i have my wife with me ,but did make out they could not do anything about it right now. It was a large artery lower heart.

Like i say i am going to have to investigate and get a report of what was wrong. I am going to ask my doc next time because i have had some chest pains quite frequently here lately.

I do know my doc said i could drop dead of a heart attack any minute with my cholesterol so high and i do not weigh but 147 pounds.

Edited by skunk

Well i do not know what a EMT,EF is , and i take cholesterol meds,i have never had a heart attack that i know of. From what i understood it was an artery i have to follow up and find out.

I just know i was sent to vascular clinic and i cannot hear ,usually i have my wife with me ,but did make out they could not do anything about it right now. It was a large artery lower heart.

Like i say i am going to have to investigate and get a report of what was wrong. I am going to ask my doc next time because i have had some chest pains quite frequently here lately.

I do know my doc said i could drop dead of a heart attack any minute with my cholesterol so high and i do not weigh but 147 pounds.

MET and EF measure the blood flow of your heart. usually, I have been told one has to have some damage to the heart and some restriction of blood flow to the heart.....

You may wish to use that thing called " GOGGLE " to research the term of IHD .

I did on the announcement of the three new AO Claims...

this lead me to use google.......

I found out that it looked like I had this type of situation..... No one had ever used these exact words.

probably because ... the Dr.'s knew we lay people have no clue to medical terms....

Goggle is your friend use it

Edited by vperl

One Shot, One Shovel

hollywood, hollywood,,, great ideas,,,,,,and excuse me but I think IMHO (LOL) hiring folks (just anybody) is what got us in this mess to begin with. LOL Most of the folk they hired though,,,don't want to work,,they just want to draw the check... Seems most higher ups in the organization in question,,,(LOL), VA,,,,didn't care if they could read..... otherwise there would not be soooooooo many appeals in the first place. again just IMHO

You're absolutely right.

As it stands now, citizens cannot sue gov't employees. They are protected under the Umbrella. They know this, and continue to abuse their position, knowing that they will get away with it, unless it is so egregious, that the Gov't has to take notice/action.

When I sued the DVA in 2003-2005, I had an attorney (RO Regional Counsel) fired from her job, for fabricating info to make her case stronger during the EEOC process. She obviously violated her oath stipulated under ABA rules. I had Material Facts to contradict her statements, and WHAMO...she disappeared from that RO!

It CAN be done.

Specifying WHO said what or performed an illegal act not within the confines of law, raises questions whether this individual has the DVAs' best interest in mind. Even if the employee has an impeccable work record, it doesn't mean that he has the DVAs' best interest in mind.

The overall purpose of the DVA is good...it's those power hungry, self centered scumbags, and the sheep that run with the pack that ruin it. Trust me...Politics runs ramped at my RO.

Eliminate that stupid quota bonus, and you eliminate greed. Eliminate greed, you eliminate the drive to pass over the claims that are to complex...meaning ALL claims, no matter how small or large, are viewed equally and fairly.

The quota bonus is the problem here, being that people must resolve so many claims albeit Yay or Nay, within so much time. The more claims that are resolved, would guarantee that the RO will receive a huge bonus for all to share.

With THAT in mind, employees are pressured into exceeding their quota, by picking and choosing the easy claims (the ones that are obviously simple and cut and dry approvals/denials.).

DVA employees are paid to WORK, 8 hrs a day, 5 days a week. When I was at my RO, people held Pot Lucks during business hours on a frequent basis. That must stop. They're paid to work...not party.

This problem can be resolved quite easily...

When a business is overwhelmed with orders, how can they meet this demand?

It's simple...the boss hires more people, and if necessary, hires temps to work a second shift!

This whole problem with 600000+ claims can disappear within 12 months. All these bozos have to do, is start a second shift! 5 CFR 316-301 & 401 allows agencies to hire employees on 'term appointments', so the DVA can hire individuals as per OPM (Office of Personnel Management) guidelines.

The big picture here reflects suing the DVA for due process violations, unfair treatment, etc. and its' inability to resolve the thousands of claims withing a reasonable time. This would ALL go away if:

The DVA went paperless...

The DVA started a second shift...

The DVA eliminated the Quota Bonus...

The DVA eliminated Pot Lucks during business hours...

The DVA held employees personally liable for illegal acts or even unfair tactics used against Veterans.

Simple equation, and the way that the DVA does business as usual, would change drastically!

Please take the time to review my blog, click on this link: http://usgovissues.blogspot.com/ and kindly take the time to pass it around.

Thanks to All.