Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

A0 Vets Might Sue

Rate this question

Berta

Question

Many of you , like me, have been checking the Federal Register site since the announcement from Shenseki on the 3 new AO presumptives,waiting fort the wording of the 38 CFR reg and having opportunity to comment on it.

The IHD regs are a big concern- and our discussions are over the months show why- and are reflected by many other advocates and vets groups-

http://www.vawatchdog.org/10/nf10/nfmar10/nf030310-3.htm

• Answers 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Hi again Berta...

How ironic is the timing of March 12 for AO Vets, when on January 12, I demanded action on my 8 yo claim, and for them to do so by 60 days?

hahahahahaha...

Oh boy...the VA has missed TWO deadlines.

This is what I posted if they didn't comply: http://usgovissues.blogspot.com/2010/03/us...ass-action.html

After witnessing what I have inside and outside the DVA along with what I've read from other Vets throughout the years, I'm sick of the games.

I also informed Sen. Richard Burr (my district) of the pending onslaught of Veterans that will participate in this class action.

The VA does not have a leg to stand on...not anymore.

VA is real good at not following the federal laws they are required to follow....

does anyone think the VA will change when the people that fail to act are never punished.

No punishment for the law breakers...... they now this.......

the VA will continue till they, the VA bosses, have a interest in retaining their job, retirement.

Hi again Berta...

How ironic is the timing of March 12 for AO Vets, when on January 12, I demanded action on my 8 yo claim, and for them to do so by 60 days?

hahahahahaha...

Oh boy...the VA has missed TWO deadlines.

This is what I posted if they didn't comply: http://usgovissues.blogspot.com/2010/03/us...ass-action.html

After witnessing what I have inside and outside the DVA along with what I've read from other Vets throughout the years, I'm sick of the games.

I also informed Sen. Richard Burr (my district) of the pending onslaught of Veterans that will participate in this class action.

The VA does not have a leg to stand on...not anymore.

Edited by vperl

After doing my own research I found where the new A&O presumptive rules are at presently. OMB - Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs, Rin 2900-AN54. The date noted as recieved from the VA is 12/28/2009. it took the jerks six months to get the issue to the OIRA and the date they should be ready for Proposed Federal Register posting is March 28, 2010. I also read where the American Legion has backed out of the proposed lawsuit to be filed. The Legion accepted a excuse from the Secretaries Office that they were moving as fast as the could. Six months to get this puppy to the first stage. They are in violation of the law and I hope the NVLSP will not back down for our sake.

After doing my own research I found where the new A&O presumptive rules are at presently. OMB - Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs, Rin 2900-AN54. The date noted as recieved from the VA is 12/28/2009. it took the jerks six months to get the issue to the OIRA and the date they should be ready for Proposed Federal Register posting is March 28, 2010. I also read where the American Legion has backed out of the proposed lawsuit to be filed. The Legion accepted a excuse from the Secretaries Office that they were moving as fast as the could. Six months to get this puppy to the first stage. They are in violation of the law and I hope the NVLSP will not back down for our sake.

IF THERE ARE NO PENALTIES FOR VIOLATING FEDERAL REGS, WHY SHOULD THE va OR ANYONE GIVE A CRAP ?

I suggest a witch hunt, fire a few of these clowns, get their retirement.

See how that makes them work

You're absolutely right.

As it stands now, citizens cannot sue gov't employees. They are protected under the Umbrella. They know this, and continue to abuse their position, knowing that they will get away with it, unless it is so egregious, that the Gov't has to take notice/action.

When I sued the DVA in 2003-2005, I had an attorney (RO Regional Counsel) fired from her job, for fabricating info to make her case stronger during the EEOC process. She obviously violated her oath stipulated under ABA rules. I had Material Facts to contradict her statements, and WHAMO...she disappeared from that RO!

It CAN be done.

Specifying WHO said what or performed an illegal act not within the confines of law, raises questions whether this individual has the DVAs' best interest in mind. Even if the employee has an impeccable work record, it doesn't mean that he has the DVAs' best interest in mind.

The overall purpose of the DVA is good...it's those power hungry, self centered scumbags, and the sheep that run with the pack that ruin it. Trust me...Politics runs ramped at my RO.

Eliminate that stupid quota bonus, and you eliminate greed. Eliminate greed, you eliminate the drive to pass over the claims that are to complex...meaning ALL claims, no matter how small or large, are viewed equally and fairly.

The quota bonus is the problem here, being that people must resolve so many claims albeit Yay or Nay, within so much time. The more claims that are resolved, would guarantee that the RO will receive a huge bonus for all to share.

With THAT in mind, employees are pressured into exceeding their quota, by picking and choosing the easy claims (the ones that are obviously simple and cut and dry approvals/denials.).

DVA employees are paid to WORK, 8 hrs a day, 5 days a week. When I was at my RO, people held Pot Lucks during business hours on a frequent basis. That must stop. They're paid to work...not party.

This problem can be resolved quite easily...

When a business is overwhelmed with orders, how can they meet this demand?

It's simple...the boss hires more people, and if necessary, hires temps to work a second shift!

This whole problem with 600000+ claims can disappear within 12 months. All these bozos have to do, is start a second shift! 5 CFR 316-301 & 401 allows agencies to hire employees on 'term appointments', so the DVA can hire individuals as per OPM (Office of Personnel Management) guidelines.

The big picture here reflects suing the DVA for due process violations, unfair treatment, etc. and its' inability to resolve the thousands of claims withing a reasonable time. This would ALL go away if:

The DVA went paperless...

The DVA started a second shift...

The DVA eliminated the Quota Bonus...

The DVA eliminated Pot Lucks during business hours...

The DVA held employees personally liable for illegal acts or even unfair tactics used against Veterans.

Simple equation, and the way that the DVA does business as usual, would change drastically!

Please take the time to review my blog, click on this link: http://usgovissues.blogspot.com/ and kindly take the time to pass it around.

Thanks to All.

• HadIt.com Elder

Please take the time to review my blog, click on this link: http://usgovissues.blogspot.com/ and kindly take the time to pass it around.

Thanks to All.

I read your blog. Hang in there. My most positive thoughts are with you for a successful resolution. You are not alone.

Edited by Commander Bob