Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

My Letter To Senator Craig

Rate this question

Ricky

Question

Dear Senator Craig, I just read your recent legislation on allowing veterans to hire attorneys to assist with their claims from the start. Why not offer legislation that would really assist veterans? One that would hold VA employees, especially management, accountable for their intentional abuse and misuse of U.S. LAWS. As of this date approximately 99.8 percent of us old and dirty veterans that you consider to be crazy, drunk dope heads and a drain on the economy have been forced to become legal experts and understand the laws effecting veterans better than any attorney. This compared to only approximately 38 percent of the VA employees who fully understand those same laws. And of that 38 percent approximatley 35 percent abuse and misuse those laws. These numbers can be confirmed by simply looking at the VA stats (if you can get them not to lie when supplying the stats). More and more money is being dumped into the system. However, backlogs have increased, number of cases appealed have increased, BVA remands are at an all time high based simply on denial of claims by abusing the laws. Yes sir it is not a question of needing help in filing claims, rather it is a question of a fair and impartial system. This is one administrative, non-adverserial claims process that needs some serious oversight. Their abuse of the power given to them by the taxpayer is costing the taxpayer billions of dollars per year. Each and every time they abuse or misuse they commit a criminal act. I work for the Federal Government. My department is also guided by U.S. Laws and regulations to implement those laws. If I were to work on the same level as those working for the VA I would surely be imprisioned for a long time. So my dear Senator, if you really want to do something, then do something that will benefit the veteran, the VA and the American taxpayer. Develop legislation that will require constant oversight and criminal charges for those who abuse those laws that we all put our lives on the line for. I understand that such would deplete the VA of about 70 percent of its work force in the first year, but, hey we have to start somewhere! If not then why not simply sit back as you have in the past with closed eyes and just let the square wheel continue to try and roll down hill.

• Answers 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

1 answer to this question