Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Claim Evidence Interests

Rate this question

cowgirl

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

a. looking at my last decision NOD/DRO the evidence only lists three items. It referred to orginal claim and two other peices of information I submitted. By the grace of God the claim was decided correctly. Like I can return to the first claim submitted and see exactly what was submitted and what they considered? hmm...not telepathic here.

Caution for people like me who occasionally 'assume' that the VA does use all VA available records - they don't. Or at least it didn't show on the 'evidence'. I've read enough posts and dealt with enough of my claims to know thats true. I cannot validate they use, read or notice anything I submit as evidence for my claim. There has been few times my VA medical/clincal records have shown in 'evidence' - yup, the times I submitted the pages. well, I don't know why.

Additionally, from the time the denied decision, NOD submitted and the long processing wait, several VA medical/clinical records had changed in the MEANWHILE. So it was up to me to bring the processors up to date on all the previously submitted evidence and or submit new evidence even though my records are worked, maintained and accessed by the VA medical center and VARO.

Submitting a claim, getting a decision, affirmed or not-affirmed doesn't lessen the work and follow-thru 'ME' the vet has to do.

A cover page, listing every sheet of paper, every subject matter and date telling the Rater what is being submitted is a good way to go. Tell them what you are going to tell them and tell them again, index by page number. Highlight only pertinent facts that support the medical diagnosis. And if need be, type up a lead statement on every page., delivering this Evidence for Cowgirls claim (increase, service connection, IU, etc) submitted to VA at such&such an address NOD dated xx/xx/xx. May sound paranoid, but to be sure - initial and date the statement in blue ink.

Wishing the best for each and everyone.

Just thinkin'

For my children, my God sent husband and my Hadit family of veterans, I carry on.

God Bless A m e r i c a, Her Veterans and their Families!

• Answers 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Need I say anymore???

Please read, and lets FORCE change, before it's to LATE!

http://usgovissues.blogspot.com/2010/03/us...ass-action.html

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

March 23 VCS Update - Shocking VA Admission

Written by VCS

Monday, 22 March 2010 22:21

PDF Print E-mail

Last week your Veterans for Common Sense was busy in Washington working for you and for all our veterans.

VETERANS BENEFITS ADMINISTRATION

VBA Claims. VCS urged Congress to fix VA's badly busted claims system at the Veterans Benefits Administration (VBA). VCS spoke near the start of Chairman Bob Filner’s “Claims Summit 2010.”

VBA Failure. Speaking before nearly 50 veterans groups assembled in the huge caucus room in the Cannon House Office building, VA's top information technology officer, Peter Levin, said VBA's completely overwhelmed and poorly led claims system "cannot be fixed." Yes, the first step for VA leaders is to admit in public that there is a very serious crisis. Congress already supports reform. Now VBA needs to do it with more pro-veteran, pro-reform leaders who will begin fixing VBA so VBA's dedicated employees can help our veterans and their families.

Share News About VBA. Unfortunately, the national press missed this VBA bombshell. Please tell your friends, reporters, and your Congressman about how one of VA’s new top leaders confessed: VBA is beyond salvage. This issue of immediately overhauling VBA is absolutely vital because veterans usually need their VBA claim approved before they can see a doctor at a VA clinic or hospital.

GULF WAR VETERANS

New Healthcare Benefits. VCS scored a tremendous advocacy victory after mounting constant pressure on VA. Last week, VA Secretary Eric Shinseki announced the agency would expand healthcare and disability benefits for 3.3 million Gulf War, Iraq War, and Afghanistan War veterans. VCS thanks VA for doing the right thing based on scientific evidence and the needs of our veterans.

Gulf War Treatments. While in DC, VCS met with Congressional staff and voiced our support for medical research for our Gulf War veterans through the Congressionally Directed Medical Research Program. We hope new DoD research leads to treatments for our veterans.

Gulf War Research. We also continue to press for a full Congressional investigation into the handful of malicious VA employees still working at VA headquarters in DC who impeded Gulf War illness research at the University of Texas Southwestern, according to an internal VA Inspector General report.

IRAQ AND AFGHANISTAN WAR VETERANS

Personality Disorder Discharges. If you or someone you know deployed to the Iraq or Afghanistan Wars and was given a "Personality Disorder" discharge from the military, then VCS has a special announcement for you.

OTHER NEWS

New GAO Leader? Harvard University's Linda Bilmes is one of four candidates to run the Government Accountability Office. Bilmes is well known in veteran circles as an advocate to improve VA. Her book, The Three Trillion Dollar War, with Columbia University Professor Joseph Stiglitz, was the first-ever accounting of the full human and financial costs of the Iraq and Afghanistan wars.

Bungled VA Treatment. The Nuclear Regulatory Commission fined VA for nearly 100 botched surguries in Philadelphia.

More VA Problems Downstream. The military was forced to admit to reporters that one in six active duty service members are on some serious psychological drugs now. In a few years, VA will need to be ready to provide care to this new population of veterans. While most returning veterans will be fine, DoD is creating more and more serious problems with repeated deployments, the heavy use of drugs, and a lack of doctors to perform exams and provide treatment.

Thank you for your support !

• HadIt.com Elder

Maybe the VA should do what Social Security does and hire States Disability to do the background work and lay off the Ratings Officers who are not productive to include all the AMC and other delay places inside the VA system.

I would also like to see VA give Veterans who have Medicare to opt out of VA and use ChampVA with full prescription and no copays if they want to do that. This would free up room for the new Veterans, the Veterans waiting for claims and the Veterans who served but are not service connected.

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

Hollywood dnc

Excellent post, good information. Its good enough I think you should start a new post with a title about "VA's Shocking Admission". One of the reasons is that if you did and someone searched for VA shocking admission, through google, it would likely come up.

Hollywood dnc

Excellent post, good information. Its good enough I think you should start a new post with a title about "VA's Shocking Admission". One of the reasons is that if you did and someone searched for VA shocking admission, through google, it would likely come up.

Hey broncovet...

Hope you're doing well!

Can't do what you suggested. It should go: VA In The News/Federal Register Announcements

READ ONLY FORUM , but I am not authorized to post a new topic there.

Take Care.

hollywoodnc

Maybe the VA should do what Social Security does and hire States Disability to do the background work and lay off the Ratings Officers who are not productive to include all the AMC and other delay places inside the VA system.

I would also like to see VA give Veterans who have Medicare to opt out of VA and use ChampVA with full prescription and no copays if they want to do that. This would free up room for the new Veterans, the Veterans waiting for claims and the Veterans who served but are not service connected.

Hey Pete...

States won't do it without drastically raising taxes. The public will then hate us.

We DON'T want that!!!

Take Care!

hollywoodnc

• HadIt.com Elder

Nice post and discussion Hollywood doc, Pete and Bronco. Chuckle - - maybe we impart that VA quote 'cannot be fixed' as evidence of concern for fair and equitable treatment. Considering many of us submit excerpts in our compensation claims from their very regulations and medicale rationale - probably we're doing the job for them and ourselves. Maybe the VA can apply correct service connected ratings based correct medical rationale and the information 'we' provide to them from their very own regulations ~!

If there is evidence such as awards, citations, military orders (help establish dates), accident reports, personal family coworker letters, employment records, photographs (personal or depictive may help present your words), pharmacy records, current ER reports (forgot that one myself). Remember Medical Records (unsure about Xrays and lab reports) are kept less than 10 years most places - get em while ya can.

BERTA - excellent processing! Can you show an example letter with attachments or evidence?

THank you

For my children, my God sent husband and my Hadit family of veterans, I carry on.

God Bless A m e r i c a, Her Veterans and their Families!