Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Heeelp!

smilen66

Good Morning,

I believe my desktop computer is crashing.

Background: This started about three days ago after setting up my new laptop (leveno)w/router (trendnet) feeding off desktop computer (Dell). Both computers have different security applications (Mcafee and CA internet security). Above information may have nothing to do with problem.

The problem is internet windows explorer keeps popping up on monitor without me doing anything. I can be working on a document (word processor) and it pops up. Sometimes I can X out of it others time I have shut the computer down to get it off the screen, McAfee says I don't have any viruses. The popup say I have 159 threats.

Please help...I haven't finish paying for this computer. Got it in 2006.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

The popup is a virus. I don't like popups and have them turned off. I can't tell you how on Internet Explorer but on Firefox it is easy to turn them off.

http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/switch.html

If you decide to switch to Firefox it is important to pick the one that fits your Operating System usually Windows and Sometimes Mac Dell should be windows XP or Vista or Windows 7

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

Go download malwarebytes anti-malware. install it. run updates. let it do a full scan, which could take a long time.

Pete and Vync, thanks for your help! I did have a virus. I ended up paying Dell to get rid of it.It's up-and-running again! I did not know I was so attached to my computer!

Thanks Again!

• HadIt.com Elder

smilen:

It can be a bumpy road on the super highway but you learned a valuable lesson. Fact is if you keep at it you can do anything that Dell did

You are right, I have learned a valuable lesson. My lesson cost me $129.00 (robbery) vs $29.00. I'd like to think it will pay-off in the future! Thanks Again!