Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

P&t

Rate this question

murph

Question

I received decision letter states entitlement to IU and basic eligibility to dependents educational educational is established,90% SC IU 100%, have IHD claim being deferred till regs for ao.Called 800# asked for a letter stating i'm 100%P&T ,i was immediately fax the letter to use for state bennies.I called back the 800# in reference to a state form i needed the DVA to sign stating i was 100% P&T for property tax exemption and was told i had future exam listed next year which conflicted with 100% P&T,I then sent inquiry to IRIS.I spoke to service officer and he stated i was P&T being i was awarded chapter 35 and he told me to fax tax exemption to him and he would walk form across the hall to DVA and they would mail completed form to me.Future exam he stated was probably my IHD claim,I received reply from IRIS stating i'm 90% sc 100%IU NOT P&T.I replied to IRIS how could i have been established dependents educational assistance in decision letter and not be P&T.

Does anyone know who's on First? :D

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

You are P and T if you get dependant benefits so dont worry about it. The VA can give you an exam even of you are permanent and total.

Permanent and total vets can still be examined.

J

You are P and T if you get dependant benefits so dont worry about it. The VA can give you an exam even of you are permanent and total.

Permanent and total vets can still be examined.

J

Thanks for the reply i never should have call the 800# and IRIS,different answer each time.

• HadIt.com Elder
Thanks for the reply i never should have call the 800# and IRIS,different answer each time.

A lesson for all on Hadit. To make it owrse no one at VA is responsible for these screw ups.You were very lucky that a Service Officer took the time to help you. You should thank him for it.

Glad that you won your claim.

A lesson for all on Hadit. To make it owrse no one at VA is responsible for these screw ups.You were very lucky that a Service Officer took the time to help you. You should thank him for it.

Glad that you won your claim.

Thank You

I did call and thank my DAV Service Officer,as others have told me 800# and Iris are looking at a computer screen not reading my decision letter or file,but you think they would know that dependent educational assistance means P&T>

Thank You

I did call and thank my DAV Service Officer,as others have told me 800# and Iris are looking at a computer screen not reading my decision letter or file,but you think they would know that dependent educational assistance means P&T>

IRIS responded to my question on how i could receive DEA and not be P&T,they stated IU was the exception to the rule and IU cannot be P&T because it can be taken away if a person works again.

• HadIt.com Elder

The people you are dealing with are idiots. TDIU is actually better protected than P&T and the reason I know is I am P&T