Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Additional Claim

Rate this question

T-C

Question

Hello folks. I have a question about filing a claim for an additional disability. I am 100% scheduler now and am planning on filing for Ischemic Heart Disease. Can anyone tell me which form I should use to file the claim? Should I use form 21-526, 10-10EZ, 21-4138, or other?

The way I understand it is that 21-526 is used for a new claim from a new claimant. Thanks...TC

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

Hello folks. I have a question about filing a claim for an additional disability. I am 100% scheduler now and am planning on filing for Ischemic Heart Disease. Can anyone tell me which form I should use to file the claim? Should I use form 21-526, 10-10EZ, 21-4138, or other?

The way I understand it is that 21-526 is used for a new claim from a new claimant. Thanks...TC

T-C,

I usually file using the 21-4138, and use as many additional pages as needed. It's simple and allows me to naratively describe the things I need to the VA.

JMO,

Bergie

Ditto on Bergie's post, use the 21-4138 form.

Also, if you are submitting any evidence with the claim request

I suggest listing that evidence as an enclosure on the form.

Example:

Copy of letter from Dr. X dated XX/XX/XXXX

Copy of Progress Note from XXXXXXX dated XX/XX/XXXX

Copy of Pharmacy records dated XX/XX/XXXX

Submit this to your VARO in person if possible and request a date stamped copy,

if not send it certified RRR.

FYI - the 21-526 is only used one time - the very first initial claim the veteran files with VBA.

jmho,

carlie

• HadIt.com Elder

Really, you are fililng for an increase. You don't need any form for the IHD. Anything beyond the original claim is an increase. If you have IHD and boots on the ground in Vietnam all you need is a letter asking to be SC'ed. If you have a DX of IHD in your VA medical records this should be a done deal. You might include copies of some of the DX records, but you should point out that this is all in your VA medical records located at your VAMC. I would use the Statement in Support of Claim as the cover letter and attatch all the rest to that. I think I would walk it over to the VARO and get it all date stamped if possible.