Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C&p Exam

Rate this question

kluender

Question

I went to a C&P for plantar fasciitis for an increase January 23rd 2010. I'm presently at 10%. This morning I got a copy of the C&P report from VA. There are several items in the report that I disagree with such as:

1. "There are no calluses or edema." I showed the examiner a callus during the exam.

2. "Stability and strength are normal." I've got partial paralysis below the right knee with no feeling in half of my foot.

3. "She uses no corrective inserts...." I told the examiner that I don't use inserts because they don't help with the pain.

4. "The arch is normal". There is a statement in my SMR that says that my right foot was almost flat with only a small arch remaining. My podiatrist at VA annotated that in my records that I have flat feet.

My question is: Is there anything I can do to correct this before I receive the results from the C&P? I know that I can appeal this after I received the results, but is there anything I can do prior? I had to quit my job a month ago due to service connected disabilities and have put in a claim for unemployability which could take a long time. Please help.

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Do you have secondary problems like lower back pain or trouble with knees or hips cause by the natural problem of compensating for walking and standing. In your IMO you should bring it up with your Doc.

Good Luck

Have you had any surgical treatments for the PF. These treatments are the things that will cause you to become IU.

I haven't had any surgery, just injections.

Do you have secondary problems like lower back pain or trouble with knees or hips cause by the natural problem of compensating for walking and standing. In your IMO you should bring it up with your Doc.

Good Luck

The secondary problems that I have are left plantar fasciitis, bilateral knee problems and bilateral ankle problems. I've submitted a claim for left plantar fasciitis and the ankle problems. I haven't started a claim for the knee problems because I don't have an IMO yet. I've also got partial paralysis below the right knee and back problems that are already service connected.