Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Help For Anyone Know Time Frames

Rate this question

mac mcqueen

Question

After almost two years of waiting and trying to get things accomplished, it has finnaly left the RO and is now been released to the Treasury Department. I just finished talking to the VSO and she stated that I had already missed the pay period I don't know what that means, but she had to go so I didn't get a chance to ask her, how low will it take the Treasry Depart. to send me my back pay to my direct deposit account. I'm just tired and have bills to get paid and I'm trying to get out of debt. Any knowledge in this department.

Is there light at the end of the tunnel? Only if you keep looking!

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

If you are talking about VA payments, try the VA direct deposits number 1-877-838-2778. Due to the fact that tomorrow is pay day they may be busy.

They can tell you when it will hit your account and sometimes they will tell you the amount but not always.

In order for this to work you must have a payment completely processed from VA and just ready to be transfered to your account.

Keep in mind that when VA normally process a claim that is approved, the letter states it can take up to fifteen (15) days to hit your account but it normally transfered sooner.

Edited by pacmanx1

My intentions are to help, my advice maybe wrong, be your own advocate and know what is in your C-File and the 38 CFR that governs your disabilities and conditions.

Do your own homework. No one knows the veteran’s symptoms like the veteran. Never Give Up.

I do not give my consent for anyone to view my personal VA records.

Usually hits within 7 days! Hope this helps!

Good Luck!

B6

United States Army 1990-2001

80% SC, 100% TDIU (P&T) w/SSDI

Operation Desert Shield/Storm - 1st Infantry Division

Back in Mar of 2007 I had a spinal fusion which was my second and about three day prior I had a knee surgery for a torn acl. Level 3/4 Comdalacia (aurthis of the joint.) I started filing for the Convalance for both of the surgries and then an increase for the for the knee. I was Maxed out on the back and could get any higher ratings. I thought it a very simple claim, but right after it made it through the rater it was pulled by a STAR review. During the star revriew it was discovered that I had two deffered issued from my first back surgery back in 2008. One for Major Depression and one for EDD. They sent me for C/Ps wich I accomplshed and then it was in development forever it seemed. Finally it went to the rater and some how they let it slip away fro the and it delayed it agian. Finally as of April 8th 2010 I recieved a package from the VA stating the had raised my combined rating to 80% doc dated to March 2008. Some how the RO loged it in as completed,but because it wasn't cleared in the computer it sat there for about three weeks and then they discovered it had not been released to the Department of Treasury. My question is how long will they take now. I know there is alot of crdp involved to be figured, but I'm hoping that they get a VA check out pretty quick. I don't seem to know if there will be one deposit or two seperate because of all the back pay owed due to VA waiver ammount. I just want the A part then I can worry about the DFAS portion/taxes. Oh by the way I had another back surgery in March this year I didn't file for it because it would be moot due to I filed for IU I did

Hopeful this will explain alittle more of why I trying to understand process

Is there light at the end of the tunnel? Only if you keep looking!

Back in Mar of 2007 I had a spinal fusion which was my second and about three day prior I had a knee surgery for a torn acl. Level 3/4 Comdalacia (aurthis of the joint.) I started filing for the Convalance for both of the surgries and then an increase for the for the knee. I was Maxed out on the back and could get any higher ratings. I thought it a very simple claim, but right after it made it through the rater it was pulled by a STAR review. During the star revriew it was discovered that I had two deffered issued from my first back surgery back in 2008. One for Major Depression and one for EDD. They sent me for C/Ps wich I accomplshed and then it was in development forever it seemed. Finally it went to the rater and some how they let it slip away fro the and it delayed it agian. Finally as of April 8th 2010 I recieved a package from the VA stating the had raised my combined rating to 80% doc dated to March 2008. Some how the RO loged it in as completed,but because it wasn't cleared in the computer it sat there for about three weeks and then they discovered it had not been released to the Department of Treasury. My question is how long will they take now. I know there is alot of crdp involved to be figured, but I'm hoping that they get a VA check out pretty quick. I don't seem to know if there will be one deposit or two seperate because of all the back pay owed due to VA waiver ammount. I just want the A part then I can worry about the DFAS portion/taxes. Oh by the way I had another back surgery in March this year I didn't file for it because it would be moot due to I filed for IU I did

Hopeful this will explain alittle more of why I trying to understand process

Are you using the LR VARO? I live in the Arkansas Ozarks brotha! I have a few contacts in NLR and LR VARO!

Good Luck!

B6

United States Army 1990-2001

80% SC, 100% TDIU (P&T) w/SSDI

Operation Desert Shield/Storm - 1st Infantry Division