VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Newly Diagnosed With Diabetes-i Hate This!

Rate this question

halos2

Question

So no sooner filing claims, secondary related condition claims and then in the last few weeks WHAM-Diabetes diagnosed. B)

Come on...where is my break?

So now the question is/ or questions are/ Do I put in my claim for Diabetes-secondary to PTSD or HTN or Fibromyalgia or HNP(DDD) or what?

Plus HNP is at remand at my VARO from BVA; HTN and FIBRO just went to the rater today; and now this!! :angry::angry:

I also have one that is in limbo for tinnitus, hearing loss and TDIU that has been sitting there at the VARO for a couple of years gathering dust!

I told my pain dr about my new diag and I thought he was gonna cry...he said "Oh my God I am soooo sorry for you, that is just terrible!"

As if I didn't feel bad/upset enough. I know it's bad but it is not a death sentence! :lol:

Worked so many years through the pain/anguish and now all systems are breaking down through the turmoils...TOO MUCH FREAKIN STRESS FROM THE VA! :lol:

This is blowing all of my immunity/psyche/mobility/circulatory/hormonal systems all within a short period of time.

A couple of weeks of accu-chek's 4-6 times daily have made my fingers very uncomfortable...they might have to give me a unit of blood at the VA as all this I've been extracting...sick joke here...not enough blood lost :lol:

Well I guess I have to look for my abilities/good/traits/positive thoughts? I'm still breathing :huh:

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

halos2,

I sure am sorry about your diabetes.

Have been one for many years and it sure can make your fingers sore at first.

You will get used to it and not have to do prick your finger quite so often.

I have no ideal of how to connect this to your present illness.

Just wanted to say, I sure am sorry.

Always,

Betty

Thank you Betty. I am glad you posted here and for your personal experience with this diagnoses too. :huh:

halos2,

I sure am sorry about your diabetes.

Have been one for many years and it sure can make your fingers sore at first.

You will get used to it and not have to do prick your finger quite so often.

I have no ideal of how to connect this to your present illness.

Just wanted to say, I sure am sorry.

Always,

Betty

• HadIt.com Elder

I was diagnosed with diabetes in 1995 and I will make some comments from my personal experience. Take very seriously the idea of managing your sugar. You really want to keep it under 7 on A1C tests. Don't kid yourself if you keep your sugars in line you will be healthier than you can imagine.

Find substitutes for the things you like or crave.Take your meds on time and watch out for some of the problems especially the fact that some medicine will burn up your kidneys.

Now the really bad news I doubt that the VA is going to link your diabetes to any of the conditions you mentioned. If they do I need your help to file.

Pete

halos2: QUESTION: Where you boots on the ground during Vietnam? If so, can't you file it as one of the presumptive diseases? In any case, if you must take insuline, then you had better foolow your Dr. advice. My sister My only sister died last year due to complications caused by diabetes Thankfully she passed in her sleep.

Because My sister didn't quite follow her Dr's advise, she lost her eye site and had to have a toe amputated after she stubed it, to someone without diabetes, it would have been black and blue and healed normaly. but because on her diabetes, her black and blue toe soon became gangrene and if they hadn't done then what they should did, she might have lost more that a toe.

Foot care/checks should be done before going to bed and eye exams should be done at least yearly if not more often

Take care of those feet and eyes and they will take care of you.

Rockhound Rider :huh:

Guest terrysturgis

Get rid of the finger poker and get a One Touch meter. I hate needles. I can use my meter on my forearms and it does not hurt.

Two ways to handle DMII, ignore it and suffer from the condition or get busy with control and have a good life. Terry

Thanks Rock for your reply and concerns too. No I am Viet Nam Era Vet, not Viet Nam Vet, however I was stationed and was around over 15,300+ 50 gallon drums of Agent Orange for over 2 years at my 3rd base stationed. I am a nurse so I know what to do but diabetes was not my specialy field. Still I appreciate your concern, and no matter what field one is in, when you get smacked in the face with this diagnosis, it shocks you, and depresses you at first. Thanks again Rock, and good luck with your claims too!!

halos2: QUESTION: Where you boots on the ground during Vietnam? If so, can't you file it as one of the presumptive diseases? In any case, if you must take insuline, then you had better foolow your Dr. advice. My sister My only sister died last year due to complications caused by diabetes Thankfully she passed in her sleep.

Because My sister didn't quite follow her Dr's advise, she lost her eye site and had to have a toe amputated after she stubed it, to someone without diabetes, it would have been black and blue and healed normaly. but because on her diabetes, her black and blue toe soon became gangrene and if they hadn't done then what they should did, she might have lost more that a toe.

Foot care/checks should be done before going to bed and eye exams should be done at least yearly if not more often

Take care of those feet and eyes and they will take care of you.

Rockhound Rider :huh:

Edited by halos2