VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Hip Arthritis Appeal

Rate this question

bergin c/o

Question

recieved 10 percent for ptsd but they denied service connection for bilateral hip arthritis. one hip has beed replaced and the other is on the way. i began having hip pain while in desert storm but did not give it much thought. i discharged shortly after returning and it grew progressivly worse. i was 30 when i had my first hip replaced. v.a said in denial letter that my docters relied on speculation in the evidence letters i provided the va. words like possibly caused by service in the military and may have been caused by . also c-p exam stated a cause could not be assigned without resorting to speculation .even though my docters stated abnormal amount of degenerative arthritis in a young individual..got a letter today asking me to pick between traditional appeal or a decision review officer.were do i go from here to get more supporting evidence?

• Answers 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

just an update , claim still at bva. but i am seeing a rhuemetiod arthritis doc next week . hopefully find more support for my claim . got some real bad muscle tightness through out back and legs . i see my hip doc today . hip sounds bad when i walk . thanks again

talked to my rep . he said bva was on claims filled in2010 .i filled to bva in 2011 july. he said we have a strong case for the arthritis . get blood work done this week to check the arthritis , ibs connection then i should have enough to reopen my ibs claim

talked to my rep . he said bva was on claims filled in2010 .i filled to bva in 2011 july. he said we have a strong case for the arthritis . get blood work done this week to check the arthritis , ibs connection then i should have enough to reopen my ibs claim

• HadIt.com Elder

Good Luck 'bergin c/o'. I hope you find resoultion to your case soon,

Best Wishes,

Bob

Edited by Commander Bob