Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Dav Is Confusing

Rate this question

vet201060

Question

I called the DAV for help with my current issues. He told me not to wait on filing. I drove for 2 hrs and used over 3 hrs of advance leave for nothing. I also waited in line. It was a mobile DAV van. The same guy then told me to wait til my current increase claim is done. I am so frustrated with the VA and DAV. I am so stressed out over this va claim crap. The DAV has been good to me. That is the only complain I have had.

I hadd a question regarding planter fasciitis. I am having symptoms of PF again and wanted to know if I should go see a doc even tho I know they cant do anything. I am currently on vicodin and muscle relaxers everyday anyway. I thought maybe I should get it documented by going to the doc. I cant walk on it at the moment. I was going to file for flat feet today. When you guys talk of presumptive does that include getting out of the reserves or just active duty. I was diagnosed with planter fasciitis( bone spurs) within a month of seperating from the reserves. I did 6 yrs 7 months acitve duty and then straight to reserves for 1 yr and 5 months. Thank for everything.

I can't imagine waiting years for a claim to be settled. I am stressed just waiting less than a month for a decision. I wish I could help you guys. I am learning everyday with my battles. Sometimes we cant be strong for ourselves so we have to for others. I got your back fellow veterans. Let me know if I can help in any way. Thanks

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

I wish a mobile DAV van would visit my area. It takes way too long to be seen by the DAV rep in my city and even longer to get called back from the DAV at the RO.

Regarding filing claims, Bergie and Bonzai advised to go ahead and file, regardless of the fact that a current claim may be in the system. Would it not be better to file an informal claim just to secure the EED and then send in evidence after the current claims are decided, but before the evidence submission period for the informal claim expires?

"If it's stupid but works, then it isn't stupid."
- From Murphy's Laws of Combat

Disclaimer: I am not a legal expert, so use at own risk and/or consult a qualified professional representative. Please refer to existing VA laws, regulations, and policies for the most up to date information.