Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Any Legality In A Copy Of Decision That Was Changed?

Rate this question

dav_marine72

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Hi Everyone,

I am just curious about my P&T claim. I don't know who remembers but I was intially granted TDIU and P&T based on an intial RO decision. This decision was giving to my SO and I got a copy of it from the RO. However, the decision mailed to me omitted the P&T part. Is there any legality I can leverage with this copy?

In the copy I have they award dependents educational assistance under 38 U.S.C charter 35. Here what it stated:

Eligability to dependents educational assistance is derived from a Veteran who was discharged under other than dishonorable conditions; and has a permanent and total service connected disability. Based on a grant of individual unemployability basic eligability to dependents educational assistance is established from May 19, 2009.

I know they can cry this was a draft just curious if this has any bearing or not. Thanks.

USMC 1st Battalion 1st Marines 1st Marine Division 91-95

100% P&T

"The willingness with which our young people are likely to serve in any war, no matter how justified, shall be directly proportional to how they perceive the Veterans of earlier wars were treated and appreciated by their nation."

George Washington

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Thanks Testvet and Broncovet,

Yes I appealed well within the time period. I think you gave me what I was looking for Bronvet. I want to use that as evidence to bring up reasonable doubt I just didn't have the puzzle totally assembled. I actually got a response two weeks ago from the VARO and where I appealed P&T and asked why they changed it all they did was regeritate the first decision saying I had temp 100% for my back due to my surgery for 3 months. I was like okay I already know that where is the P&T question. They also awarded me the lowest convelesent leave even though my surgeon said totally disabled and unable to work for 6 months. The problem was a nurse for his office had filled out another form stating 3-6 months of no work. The reason it matters is because I recieved SMC (S) during the 100% temp period and then it was taken away. I did appeal it based on bradley vs peake but until my ratings change for my back from 50% to 60% the are trying to say I was TDIU due to my back and mental. My SO said because my temp 100% started in March 2009 and they gave me TDIU in May 2009 I can't appeal the temp 100% rating. I don't know about that one.

USMC 1st Battalion 1st Marines 1st Marine Division 91-95

100% P&T

"The willingness with which our young people are likely to serve in any war, no matter how justified, shall be directly proportional to how they perceive the Veterans of earlier wars were treated and appreciated by their nation."

George Washington

Remember, stuff is so crazy at the VA that "crazy" is the new normal for the Va. While you are appealing you might even try this:

Apply for something like DEA, or something that they only give to P and T's like fishing licenses or somthing like that, depending on your state. Reason: You could already be P and T in the computer! More than once I have heard about Vets who were P and T, but the decision did not specify that. Some decisions say, "no exams are scheduled" and our tax assessor, when we apply for a tax exemption, for example, is supposed to be able to interpret that to mean we are P and T!