Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

What's Going On?

Rate this question

navydoc2

Question

I was given a 70% rating for depression back in Feb 09 with a future exam in Aug of '11. Today I get a call from QTC saying they are setting me up an appointment for reevaluation of my depression. If anything my depression has gotten worse since the last C&P, I have been inpatient two months ago for five days, my meds are not working and I'm in the process of changing psych doc's. Why would the VA schedule me a new C&P so soon and are they going to jerk me around like this since I'm TDIU for the next 20 years. Did I mention that I just received a Pacemaker as well; and I'm supposed to be better?

• Answers 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

Navydoc2

I would file for an increase on your depression.. I know it is a pain in the butt for another exam but you know it the va playing games.. Don't stress out about it too much because its not worth it.What depression medication are you taking? Have you talked to your doctor? Do you have a permant doctor or one that they rotate?

I did file an appeal for P&T when I got the TDIU. I can't help but feel stressed now that I have to go to another C&P, I was seeing a regular psychiatrist whom I had not seen for over a year, just his nurse practitioner who I saw every few months along with a therapist who I see every couple of months.

First thing I would do is request a permanent doctor.. Not a student doctor that they rotate every 6-9 months .. Its too difficult for that much of a change and having to explain and open up.

I do have an appt with a new psychiatrist in June, we'll see.

Did you get a imo from a doctor outside the va?

No was granted TDIU based on my VA records and the two other CP's I had luckily they were from the same doc, I'm thinking that now they will send me to a different doc to get the answer they want which is I'm not unemployable and or not depressed.

I don't have the money for the IMO, but I have applied for SSD and once I get that (fingers crossed and with many prayers), I will be able to see outside doc's.

• HadIt.com Elder

the VA does NOT usually give you Fee basis so you can go to an outside doctor to get an IMO IMOs are usually paid for by the veteran not the VA they usually only grant fee basis visits based on either they don't have a doc with that specialty available or you live to far from a VAMC or a clinic they do not just pay for outside doctor visits because you ask them to

100% SC P&T PTSD 100% CAD 10% Hypertension and A&A = SMC L, SSD
a disabled American veteran certified lol
"A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step."

the VA does NOT usually give you Fee basis so you can go to an outside doctor to get an IMO IMOs are usually paid for by the veteran not the VA they usually only grant fee basis visits based on either they don't have a doc with that specialty available or you live to far from a VAMC or a clinic they do not just pay for outside doctor visits because you ask them to

I figured I'd wait and see what the outcome of my SSD claim would be before I try to get an IMO, besides I'm already IU so don't think I need and IMO at this point, just a doc to say I'm permanent in nature as far as depression goes. I'm worried the VA is looking for a doc that will drop my rating from IU to something less.