Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

What's Going On?

Rate this question

navydoc2

Question

I was given a 70% rating for depression back in Feb 09 with a future exam in Aug of '11. Today I get a call from QTC saying they are setting me up an appointment for reevaluation of my depression. If anything my depression has gotten worse since the last C&P, I have been inpatient two months ago for five days, my meds are not working and I'm in the process of changing psych doc's. Why would the VA schedule me a new C&P so soon and are they going to jerk me around like this since I'm TDIU for the next 20 years. Did I mention that I just received a Pacemaker as well; and I'm supposed to be better?

• Answers 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Navydoc

Don't worry to much as you have said your depression is worse. The fact is QTC is often got better Doc's than the VA hires from the old age retirement home to do C&P's

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

• HadIt.com Elder

my treating doc at the VA wrote annual statements every February that "Mr Bailey is permantently and totally disabled just by his PTSD symptoms and considering the fact that he has been dealing with this since 1975, it is my belief that he will never get better, his other medical problems have no impact on his mental disgnosis.

He writes this every feb since 2003 in 2005 they awarded me 50% which I filed the NOD the very next day a year later after a 5 minute C&P exam they then granted me 100% P&T retro back to when I filed my PTSD claim in Dec 2003 but even in Feb 2010 he still writes the same statement your medical treatment notes can and will come in handy one day if they ever try and reduce me my treatment notes obviously show I have not gotten better. Besides that since then they have SC my CAD and hypertension secondary to my PTSD and we know hearts do not repair themselves my failed 2 bypasses will never reopen and my ejection fraction is not going to get above 30% sometimes the medical evidence speaks for itself and that is the best evidence we veterans have medical treatment notes'

I will never understand vets that once they start getting the checks quit going to the VA for medical treatment on any type of regular basis except maybe emergency care they should keep all of their treatments up to date and regular

100% SC P&T PTSD 100% CAD 10% Hypertension and A&A = SMC L, SSD
a disabled American veteran certified lol
"A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step."

my treating doc at the VA wrote annual statements every February that "Mr Bailey is permantently and totally disabled just by his PTSD symptoms and considering the fact that he has been dealing with this since 1975, it is my belief that he will never get better, his other medical problems have no impact on his mental disgnosis.

He writes this every feb since 2003 in 2005 they awarded me 50% which I filed the NOD the very next day a year later after a 5 minute C&P exam they then granted me 100% P&T retro back to when I filed my PTSD claim in Dec 2003 but even in Feb 2010 he still writes the same statement your medical treatment notes can and will come in handy one day if they ever try and reduce me my treatment notes obviously show I have not gotten better. Besides that since then they have SC my CAD and hypertension secondary to my PTSD and we know hearts do not repair themselves my failed 2 bypasses will never reopen and my ejection fraction is not going to get above 30% sometimes the medical evidence speaks for itself and that is the best evidence we veterans have medical treatment notes'

I will never understand vets that once they start getting the checks quit going to the VA for medical treatment on any type of regular basis except maybe emergency care they should keep all of their treatments up to date and regular

I am a total mess these days and I would not think of not continuing my VA appts. 30% ejection fraction wow, mine is in the 60's just had a pacer put in two weeks ago since I have pauses one while I was in the hospital lasted 12 seconds. Right now, I'm trying to find the right coctail that will allow me to get up and start doing things again, currently the only time I get out of the house is when I have a doctors appt.

• HadIt.com Elder

I have always gone to VAMC for Medical Treatment but I stopped Mental Health after getting frustrated with dealing with broken appointments and dealing with twits and kids in their 20's trying to tell me how to live my life. I confess I can be somewhat of a bear when I deal with idiots.

I now see a shrink about 4 to 6 months out depending how many times appointment is broken. I had one for June 2nd and just got a little postcard that they changed it to June 30th. It does not matter all he is interested in is to give me a GAF and to prescribe and renew meds.

I may be wrong but I feel that once you hit 100% the VA loses any interest in treating you except the easy ways with meds. I may be delusional but I think that they would give many any med I ask for and almost any dose.

I really don't trust shrinks and I never have they write everything you say down and use it against you.

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

I have always gone to VAMC for Medical Treatment but I stopped Mental Health after getting frustrated with dealing with broken appointments and dealing with twits and kids in their 20's trying to tell me how to live my life. I confess I can be somewhat of a bear when I deal with idiots.

I now see a shrink about 4 to 6 months out depending how many times appointment is broken. I had one for June 2nd and just got a little postcard that they changed it to June 30th. It does not matter all he is interested in is to give me a GAF and to prescribe and renew meds.

I may be wrong but I feel that once you hit 100% the VA loses any interest in treating you except the easy ways with meds. I may be delusional but I think that they would give many any med I ask for and almost any dose.

I really don't trust shrinks and I never have they write everything you say down and use it against you.

I agree Pete that's why I'm switching docs, my last visit I felt like I poured my heart out and all I got when I got a copy of the note was a medication update.