Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

The Day For 2 C&o Exams, And I Get A Free Ride In An Ambulance

Rate this question

USMCMustanger

Question

:mellow:

Well, the day arrived for my GM C&P exam, and the Neurology C&P exam. Just out of the hospital for another stroke, my name is called to go in for first exam---- SH___!! another stroke in the Dr. office. Off I go to VAMC instead of getting either exam. I thought I had every possible bit of information and evidence needed (thanks to you folks at hadit).

Okay, get this: The Dr. said she will respond to the requests as far as GM and Neurology exams are concerned if I will only agree to go with the paramedics. (I wasn't so easy to convince that I should abandon my place in line for a 911 run). She stated she had enough info in my C-file to do the job. HEMMMM, wonder if this will turn out. Anyone one else ever had a collosal screw-up like this?? The only thing I can add to this is the Dr. appeared genuinley concerned and actually refused to do the exam if I didn't go.

Tomorrow I have Muskuloskeletal system C&P and PTSD C&P exams. Do I just wait for the 1st two exams results, or re-schedule for these exams even though the Dr. has already rendered an opinion??

It is my understanding that I will not know of any results until the letter is sent (pro or con) for the disability claim.

ANY info on this will be hugely appreciated.

Thanks again,

Qwen

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

Qwen-I just caught this post - I hope you can make it to the additional C & Ps- can someone else take you?

I do feel that under the circumstances, the VA would be willing to re- schedule- you certainly have a good excuse- but then again-I also fear how they view re-schedules on C & Ps- and it adds more time to getting the claim resolved-

You can write to the Records Access Officer where the C&P was done and ask for a copy of the results of this C & P that was cut short -as soon as the doctor's results are available.

I feel this VA doctor acted in your best interests to stop the exam and to get you immediate care.We forget sometimes- the VA does have some excellent doctors and it would have been unprofessional (and caused you more problems)for this exam to continue-in my opinion.

• HadIt.com Elder

Having the actual symptoms of your condition right at the C&P should really help your claim. The doctor saw it with her own eyes. I see 100% in your future.

Hey John, Thanks for the info. I hadn't thought of it that way till now. Maybe I should wait until I can get copies of the C-files, then start another direction. If the Dr. seemed so very concerned, maybe she truly was concerned and it would help my claims regarding GM C&P. She is also doing the Neurology C&P from the same day even though I was, by then, in the VAMC. Never though having the stroke could ever be tiltled a "fortunate event". AAHHH, into theBreach"

Qwen-I just caught this post - I hope you can make it to the additional C & Ps- can someone else take you?

I do feel that under the circumstances, the VA would be willing to re- schedule- you certainly have a good excuse- but then again-I also fear how they view re-schedules on C & Ps- and it adds more time to getting the claim resolved-

You can write to the Records Access Officer where the C&P was done and ask for a copy of the results of this C & P that was cut short -as soon as the doctor's results are available.

I feel this VA doctor acted in your best interests to stop the exam and to get you immediate care.We forget sometimes- the VA does have some excellent doctors and it would have been unprofessional (and caused you more problems)for this exam to continue-in my opinion.

Berta, I agree with your asessment. I wasn't willing to take the chance of letting the VA view my not showing up for the other C&P exams under thier own rules. Hence I got out of the VAMC just in time to make the two remaining C&P exams. (I can be a real bastard of a patient) Even got the VA to get me a ride to the C&P center.

I wasn't able to get extra info on the PTSD C&P exam. But gathered what info I could get from hadit past posts, and I think it went okay. I guess it's normal to break down during the question/answer of the PTSD examiner. Just wasn't a hell of a lot of fun.

Thanks again, Berta