Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Veterans Benefit Program Improvement Act Of 2010

Rate this question

dwragon

Question

Just found this today, Seems to take away part of the appeals process, according to online article "Is the VA proposing another shell game?" What yalls opinion?

• Answers 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Fellow Veterans, I am the author of the "VA Shell Game" article. My link In my opinion, this is the most detrimental proposal for Veterans imaginable. It would do several things. First, it would allow the VA to only pick one reason to deny a claim. If the reason offered was plausible, the Court of Appeals for Veterans Claims (CAVC) would have to allow the denial. It would allow the BVA to deny a claim and then require the CAVC to examine the record for any plausible reason that the VA could deny the claim. Finally, it would greatly limit the availability of attorney's fees under the EAJA. This would make finding an attorney to represent Veterans at the CAVC even more difficult than it is now (and thus slow the processing of claims down even further as the court would have many more non-attorney pro se claimants making arguments that are not as clear as they would be with a competent attorney acting on behalf of the claimant). I posted this to bring attention to this egregious proposal. If this law gets passed, I think that the majority of Veterans will be denied compensation and they will not be able to challenge the denial in court. Regards, Jason Perry<BR>&nbsp;<BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR>This is just my personal opinion, but I think that the va is the most despisable government agency. Their whole purpose is to help veterans regain what they have lost due to the serving their country. If our country cant afford this, then we need to use other tools to persuad other countries of our veiwpoint besides all out war. War is not diplomacy. Oh, sorry, I forgot that we have a war based economy, and have had since the Civil War. Veteran have the largest voting block in the US, but we have to many organizations looking out for their own interests (IE their employees employment) to merge together. If all veterans did join together, then the government would be forced to rocognize the problems for what they are. Either the government needs to eliminate the va completely or quit making promises it wont keep. But if they wont keep their promises then the draft would have to be reinstated. I think that the va is attempting to copy tha Africa AIDS solution, no veteran geta a benifit until a veteran has died. The government is trying to change the laws simply because the burden it has placed upon itself has become supposedly to heavy to carry.
Edited by dwragon

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

... First, it would allow the VA to only pick one reason to deny a claim.

Each time the VA denied my back claim, only one reason was cited. Also, each reason for denial was different and even more rediculous than the previous reason.

"If it's stupid but works, then it isn't stupid."
- From Murphy's Laws of Combat

Disclaimer: I am not a legal expert, so use at own risk and/or consult a qualified professional representative. Please refer to existing VA laws, regulations, and policies for the most up to date information.