HSpea43

Question

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

Many have from what I understand. Non combat PTSD can and is granted as long as you have the DX for PTSD and have a stressor that is verified. Good Luck!

I probaly can provide a stressor during my tenture in Vietnam with an Artillery company on a firebase that was attacked.

Has anyone filed a claim for PTSD without being in a combat zone and recieved disability?

Yes, this happens frequently.

Carlie passed away in November 2015 she is missed.

OK not to say it can't be done without a DX of PTSD but it sure goes a lot easier if you have a DX for it.

If you have the dx for PTSD go a head and file and the VA will ask for your stressor so they can verify it. After they have verified your stressor you will be called in for a C&P and if the V&P agrees then you will be rated.

I was actually dxed for over a year and went to treatment before I filed. I had a nawwing feeling with have the DX of a mental disease at first.

Good Luck to you!

• HadIt.com Elder

A Dx is mandatory to get service connected. Many PTSD victims get dx for co morbid conditions but you have to have a Dx for something.

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

OK not to say it can't be done without a DX of PTSD but it sure goes a lot easier if you have a DX for it.

If you have the dx for PTSD go a head and file and the VA will ask for your stressor so they can verify it. After they have verified your stressor you will be called in for a C&P and if the V&P agrees then you will be rated.

I was actually dxed for over a year and went to treatment before I filed. I had a nawwing feeling with have the DX of a mental disease at first.

Good Luck to you!

OK I am going to play stupid. What does DX mean?