Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Va Placed A "level 8 Block" On My File...

Rate this question

Cruinthe

Question

I am fairly familiar with 38 CFR, but in 10 odd years I have been dancing with the VA, I have never heard of a "level 8 block".

I did discuss this matter with one of the honchos over at Veterans for Constitutional Law, and he explained, in loose detail, what the block means to him. He confided that he also has a level 8 block, and in his opinion the level 8 block marks a veteran as being, in his words, "on the VA's s**t list".

Now, I can not verify anything aside from that fact that after vawatchdog, fox news, and a local TV station aired my story, the block appeared. So far, here is how the level 8 block effects me.

I can not use the 1 800 827 1000 number to verify anything but my name and social security number.

I can not access my wifes Chapter 35 information.

I can not walk into the VARO and speak to a VA case manger.

When I attempt to do the above, I am informed about the block, and that a manager must call me back, or I have to sit around at the VARO and wait for a level 7+ manager can fit me into his schedule, and each time I go to the VARO it takes longer and longer for me to be seen by a level 7 manager, if one is available at all.

I assume the VA public affairs people in DC placed the block on my wife to stop Fox News from accessing my file, as I did give them permission to do so.

Now, from the VA's perspective, it makes sense to limit less qualified VA staff from mucking up my file, and thus having another mistake smeared all over the Fox News lead page.

But, from my perspective, this borders on retaliation and harassment. Were I able to speak to someone about my file in a timely fashion, the point would be moot. But waiting around for days in the hopes manager calls me back is tedious, and even more so as I have an open NOD with a DRO in August.

It is difficult enough to process a VA claim without this sort of nonsense.

If anyone know about blocks being placed, who places them, and what levels there are, or anything of interest on this subject, please let me know.

Thanks!

• Answers 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Welcome to my world.

sledge

Those that need help the most are the ones least likely to receive help from the VA.

It's up to us to help each other.

sledge twkelly@hotmail.com

I know it might not be possible but I'd try to get this Level 8 block status in writing, then inform the media.

Barring that I'd secretly record it (as proof for the media, although it might not be "legal")

If you're going to be a pariah, be the biggest one they've ever messed with biggrin.gif

Good luck!

• HadIt.com Elder

going public sometimes helps and sometimes it hurts it's kind of like contacting a congressman or senator sometimes it helps but more times than not it just makes things worse are you the guy who was noted on his file as having "female problems"? By the time the VA gets done messing with you you may wish all you had wrong with you is PMS, I am sorry but the VAROs could teach women about how to PMS

as Berta says if you don't have PTSD before filing a claim you will before the ordeal is over the VA gives most veterans and thier spouses PTSD.....

100% SC P&T PTSD 100% CAD 10% Hypertension and A&A = SMC L, SSD
a disabled American veteran certified lol
"A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step."

• HadIt.com Elder

Someone told me that I was a "sensitive 7", supposed to be because I'm a VSO, I suppose.

I told them that my wife wishes I was a 7 but that I was just a 6 on one of my "good days" but, that even at a 6 I'm still "sensitive"! :rolleyes:

"It is cold and we have no blankets.

The little children are freezing to death.

My people, some of them, have run away to the hills, and have no blankets, no food; no one knows where they are-perhaps freezing to death.

I want to have time to look for my children and see how many of them I can find.

Maybe I shall find them among the dead.

Hear me, my chiefs! I am tired; my heart is sick and sad.

From where the sun now stands, I will fight no more forever."

Chief Joseph

Yes, I am the guy with the "menstrual disorder". That whole kerfuffle with the VA helped me win a $32,000 EED victory, but as is typical with the VA, they give with one hand then slap with the other.

As to Kellys comments, don't worry, I am learning as I go, but I consider myself an adequate pariah. I have put that $32,000 to good use by creating www.veteransoutreach.info and the ball is officially rolling, but more on that soon.

I am documenting all the VA grab-ass in meticulous detail. Thank God for hidden cameras! A retired sheriffs deputy has reviewed my current evidence and agreed to conduct an investigation, and perhaps a documentary depending on how childish the VA wants to behave.

My upcoming FTCA lawsuit should be quite interesting, to say the least.

• HadIt.com Elder

I sure hope you haven't paid anyone to create that web site I can learn more about word press than veterans issues there. Besides Hadit I use VA Watchdog.org and Jim Stricklands straight talk google board there is a lot of web sites already out there for vets some better than others I have been writing a veteran news blog myself for more than 5 years

http://vets4politics.blogspot.com/

with all the veterans sites already online it's hard to get new ones going and to get traffic to them good luck

since you show that you are 100% SC already what is your goal now in continuing the fight with the VA?

100% SC P&T PTSD 100% CAD 10% Hypertension and A&A = SMC L, SSD
a disabled American veteran certified lol
"A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step."