VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Waiting For Signature..

Rate this question

KennyJ

Question

I called 800# regarding new claims that i have that have been at RO since March 2005. Rep said claim was finished but was waiting on some one to sign off on the claim. Does anyone know whether to expect good, bad, or whatever with this situation. There are six different conditions that was filed for on that claim. He also said that my Appeal of 2 years was awaiting on. I was told by Lawyer that I will be having Social Security ALJ Hearing in August. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

Guest DON20906

Sounds positive, but VA's policy is to not let the decision out, because it's subject to change before it's final.

Didn't understand the piece about the appeal.

I called 800# regarding new claims that i have that have been at RO since March 2005. Rep said claim was finished but was waiting on some one to sign off on the claim. Does anyone know whether to expect good, bad, or whatever with this situation. There are six different conditions that was filed for on that claim. He also said that my Appeal of 2 years was awaiting on. I was told by Lawyer that I will be having Social Security ALJ Hearing in August. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Sounds positive, but VA's policy is to not let the decision out, because it's subject to change before it's final.

Didn't understand the piece about the appeal.

Well I have an appeal claim for an higher % from the 20% they gave me for left knee osteo arthritis originally. Also have an Appeal for EED and TDIU. I was told by the Rep that the decision review officer was waiting on some type of info from the SSA. I am scheduled to have an ALJ hearing for SSDI in August. I guess they are waiting to see if I pass the SSDI hearing before rendering their decision. I Guess?

• HadIt.com Elder

I think waiting for Signature means that there is money involved and you should get an answer quickly.

I really hope so, but won't believe it till I actually see it in writing. This has been a long roller coaster ride of 3 years. The wait has been eased greatly by the support and expertise that I found on this site. I have out through this site that nothing beats knowledge and patience.

I've been waiting impatiently for three months for two signatures needed due to high amount of retro. Just called today and was told only one signature was needed now so the first bum must have come back from his cofee break long enough to sign it. Now if the other guy needing to sign is not a lazy fat bastard maybe I'll see a letter some day. I'm thinking about not holding my breath anymore since this is four months since the low-ball 30% rating on a slam dunk 100% disability, which came four months after a BVA remand. It only took three years to go from filing initial claim to the BVA remand. Gosh its all happening so fast (not).

Kirk