VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

You Need To Tell Family What You Want

Rate this question

Pete53

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Dear Hadit Members:

It is best to do some research and than decide how you want to be buried.

Myself I want a simple cremation or go out like a Viking. $ 995 and that is total cost.

Others may want a cemetery and the Veterans Department has many Cemeteries and that is a good option in my opinion.

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Pete, I love the Viking thing! If only we could get away with it! My recently deceased brother told his wife and several friends he definately wanted cremation. This news startled both my Mom and Dad but they honored his wishes. I never had thought about cremation much before this, but today I'd just as soon not leave my remains in the earth to be uprooted later for the real estate developers! I'm asking to be cremated too - with my ashes interred with my family's cemetery. If it gets too crowded there, taking my ashes out to sea with be fine with my spirit ;-) Hugs Pete. Adora

Pete you are right. It will definitely save your family from some of the anxiety of planning a funeral. I too will be cremated, and like Wings want my ashes sprinkled into a body of water. Planning ahead is a compassionate thing to do.

Pearl

Guest DON20906

I want to be creamated, my ashes stirred in to a bag of Quikcrete, poured into 1 pint Gladware tubs and be made into doorstops. My ex told me she didn't want one.

Pete you are right. It will definitely save your family from some of the anxiety of planning a funeral. I too will be cremated, and like Wings want my ashes sprinkled into a body of water. Planning ahead is a compassionate thing to do.

Pearl