Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Va Claim Appeal And Appointment For Comp And Pens Exam

Rate this question

retiredat44

Question

I just got a letter to attend two medical exams for my Disability Claim Appeal..

I cannot extactly remember what happened when I went to one of these in the 1990's for my first claim..

I am baffled they need more exams especially since I spent so much time in the VA hospital...

I guess I have to bring all my stuff with me, or just a list of meds..

I need to contact my VSO to let him know about the letter and appointments..

They only gave me a two weeks notice on the 2 seperate appointments for this month..

I am very happy it is proceeding forward..

I am just puzzled since they have enough records to fill a full file cabinet.. but i suppose it is part of this whole claim appeal procedure..

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

retired,

It's very possible that they have not even gotten any updated medical records, since the last time.

You have to tell them to get the additional records.

I myself prefer to get them and submit them to VA myself.

jmho

retired,

It's very possible that they have not even gotten any updated medical records, since the last time.

You have to tell them to get the additional records.

I myself prefer to get them and submit them to VA myself.

jmho

I just got a letter to attend two medical exams for my Disability Claim Appeal..

I cannot extactly remember what happened when I went to one of these in the 1990's for my first claim..

I am baffled they need more exams especially since I spent so much time in the VA hospital...

I guess I have to bring all my stuff with me, or just a list of meds..

I need to contact my VSO to let him know about the letter and appointments..

They only gave me a two weeks notice on the 2 seperate appointments for this month..

I am very happy it is proceeding forward..

I am just puzzled since they have enough records to fill a full file cabinet.. but i suppose it is part of this whole claim appeal procedure..

The fact that you are getting C&P exam is good. It means they are considering your claims for SC, but need clarification on something. So you have about an hour to convence the C&P doctor that you have whatever condition you have.

Good luck,

Bergie

The fact that you are getting C&P exam is good. It means they are considering your claims for SC, but need clarification on something. So you have about an hour to convence the C&P doctor that you have whatever condition you have.

Good luck,

Bergie

Thanx for the support..

I am always at the VA hospital for care, tests, and meds.. so it is impossible to get copies of everything every two weeks... I would have to ask for copies every two weeks... if they want the latest papers..

I am under care for my problems, so they must have the same access to I have through their channels through patient records.. I do have copies of a lot of stuff.. but then again, the VA has everything and plus they can use the computer to get access, when I have to ask for printed copies, and yes, I have tons of printed copies.. but if you saw the amount of papers I have you would roll over,, I need several people to carry them all,, and I seriously boubt, that if I brought my medical records in on a dolly in boxes, they would spend an hour looking through them.. but I will put them in the car when I go.. maybe I will show them the boxes and say have fun..

**actually the exam letters just say bring copies of any meds I am taking..

Last time I went to one of these medical exams, they poked me asked a few questions, and off I went... I have sent a copy of the exam requests to my Veterans Service Officer, so he wil let me know what else I need to do.. if anything..

I am very nervous... I hate going to these things, I feel as if I am on trial.

Thanx for the support..

I am always at the VA hospital for care, tests, and meds.. so it is impossible to get copies of everything every two weeks... I would have to ask for copies every two weeks... if they want the latest papers..

I am under care for my problems, so they must have the same access to I have through their channels through patient records.. I do have copies of a lot of stuff.. but then again, the VA has everything and plus they can use the computer to get access, when I have to ask for printed copies, and yes, I have tons of printed copies.. but if you saw the amount of papers I have you would roll over,, I need several people to carry them all,, and I seriously boubt, that if I brought my medical records in on a dolly in boxes, they would spend an hour looking through them.. but I will put them in the car when I go.. maybe I will show them the boxes and say have fun..

**actually the exam letters just say bring copies of any meds I am taking..

Last time I went to one of these medical exams, they poked me asked a few questions, and off I went... I have sent a copy of the exam requests to my Veterans Service Officer, so he wil let me know what else I need to do.. if anything..

I am very nervous... I hate going to these things, I feel as if I am on trial.

You place more trust in the VARO than you should. Never assume that they have "all" your documents pertaining to any claim.

Good luck,

Bergie