• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

How many veterans would that 25 mil feed, clothe, medically treat?! Damn bloated administrative budgets!! Prolly why the theft happened in the first place :mellow:

First they want to talk about offsetting SSD and VA compensation. Then pressure makes them back down. Then they lose (jury still out on theft) records for 26.5 million veterans. They have not really made it clear who is involved. I was discharged in the late sixities however filed a claim later than 1977. I have not received a letter from them and when it is sent, if it is sent, will it clarify who is involved and what steps we are to take to protect ourselves. I have already filed with the credit bureau, but someone is problaby working under my social security number as I speak.

What really amazes me is that they think they should be allowed to have my Social Security records too, they would just misuse them too.

By the way the head of Veteran Affairs is mad as hell, well welcome to our world mr director.

• HadIt.com Elder

I have not gotten the VA's lame letter yet and I don't care one way or the other since they are not taking responsibility. As far as the Director of the VA, he needs to go down with the ship or slip as the case may be. He was a Republican hack anyway. Democrat hacks are better (sad but true). If vets had as much clout as the drug companies or insurance companies we would all be getting some kind of compensation or tax rebate.

Guest DON20906

Acutally, Nicholson said VA doesn't have 26.5 million envelopes laying around Central Office. It'll be in the mail as soon as VA buys them. :mellow:

First they want to talk about offsetting SSD and VA compensation. Then pressure makes them back down. Then they lose (jury still out on theft) records for 26.5 million veterans. They have not really made it clear who is involved. I was discharged in the late sixities however filed a claim later than 1977. I have not received a letter from them and when it is sent, if it is sent, will it clarify who is involved and what steps we are to take to protect ourselves. I have already filed with the credit bureau, but someone is problaby working under my social security number as I speak.

What really amazes me is that they think they should be allowed to have my Social Security records too, they would just misuse them too.

By the way the head of Veteran Affairs is mad as hell, well welcome to our world mr director.

• HadIt.com Elder

Ha, ha I won't hold my breath waiting for a form letter from the VA. Save the postage and improve the service. This Secretary should go and go quickly. "Brownie, your doing a hell of a job"

Several months ago, we had a landowner who placed some ashes out in the back of his yard and ended up catching part of the National Forest and other private property on fire. The costs of putting out this fire and the cleanup was well over $500,000. They are going to hold this property owner responsible for the costs incurred, even though he did not intentionally mean to set this fire.

Well, if they are holding a regular citizen responsible for the costs in something like this, maybe, the government employee responsible for the theft of these veterans records, along with Nicholson and his staff should bear the costs of fixing this problem for the veterans and not the taxpayers. Maybe that would rear some heads up in government and make them a little more responsible.

mssoup1