Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Any Help For A Veterans Wife To Start Business

Rate this question

dsgsr

Question

Anyone know of any help out there for the wife of a 100% P&T vet to start a business? I've done some research and can only find help if I wanted to start the business, I've been told by the VA I cannot work.

Thank you,

David

• Answers 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Anyone know of any help out there for the wife of a 100% P&T vet to start a business? I've done some research and can only find help if I wanted to start the business, I've been told by the VA I cannot work.

Thank you,

David

hi 'dsgsr'

Are 100% schedular, or IU?

Good luck,

C.B.

"it shall be remembered"...

"We few"

"We happy few"

hi 'dsgsr'

Are 100% scheduler, or IU?

Good luck,

C.B.

100% scheduler since 1999.

Thanks,

David

The best option for you is something called "Service Disabled Veteran Owned Business". It started with Executive Order 13360 and basically assigns 3% of all federal contracts to companies owned by disabled veterans. Lucky for you, there is a stipulation that allows the spouses of severely disabled veterans to run the business.

Start by finding something called a PTAC in your area. Just google Procurement Technical Assistance Team and you will be on the right track. The PTAC was created and is funded by the DoD to help disabled veterans get up and running with their SDVOB. These guys will bend over backwards to help you as they get a bonus each time a SDVOB lands a contract.

if you have any questions, fire away.

• HadIt.com Elder

The best option for you is something called "Service Disabled Veteran Owned Business". It started with Executive Order 13360 and basically assigns 3% of all federal contracts to companies owned by disabled veterans. Lucky for you, there is a stipulation that allows the spouses of severely disabled veterans to run the business.

Start by finding something called a PTAC in your area. Just google Procurement Technical Assistance Team and you will be on the right track. The PTAC was created and is funded by the DoD to help disabled veterans get up and running with their SDVOB. These guys will bend over backwards to help you as they get a bonus each time a SDVOB lands a contract.

I have never heard of this particular program. I a hope it helps a vet in need of such assistance.

Please keep us posted.

"it shall be remembered"...

"We few"

"We happy few"

i tried this and its not a law and has no teeth... i was told i would be in line with women, minority , etc etc and was 5 in line to get state jobs which in 3 years i got one for under 200 dollars

The problem with Executive Orders is, as you say, they have no teeth. But, the "Public Law" that actually puts teeth into EO 13360 JUST came into effect last year. So now the 3% set aside is no longer a suggestion, it is an enforceable law. If anyone runs into any problems, get in touch with me and I will see what I can do to help.