Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Please, Please Help

Rate this question

livingrock21

Question

I got my BVA letter date stamped the 24th of June. I have a partial grant of 60% for the erythromelalgia, and a remand for my IU. Both were sent to the AMC. The partial grant was done on the 29th of june, but has been waiting authorization ever since. I really need this extra money a month and back pay. By VA definition, I'm homeless. I do currently have a roof over my head, but am living with family and cannot afford rent anywhere as of this moment. Once the 60% takes effect for that condition, and I see this backpay, I'll be able to. I'm going through a seperation due to all this.

Anyway. Does anyone have any idea of when I might actually see this money? Should I file hardship expidition, maybe then they'll finally give me that final authorization signature. I also read about a fast letter pertaining to this kind of situation. How would I utilize that? Any other ideas or thoughts would greatly be appreciated. I'm desperate at this point. I cant afford to live right now.

Also, as far as the IU is concerened their showing it as complete, and awaiting authorization. They show it complete in their system since the 29th of June. For some reason, I just dont see that as being possible. They didn't do an exam, which the BVA wanted. I guess it's possible though since I've had an exam within the last 6 months. What are your thoughts on this.

I want to thank everyone in advance for any help you can bring me. All thoughts and input are welcome. Like I said, I'm desperate at this point.

Thanks again,

Tyler

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

This is one of many posts here that discuss Hardship situations.

BVA told my VARO to expedite my award too. They didnt send any cash for almost a year and it was a battle.

It was an entirely different situation than yours but still-

if you can prove hardship ( and I think our search feature will reveal what the VA considers hardship)by all means tell the VA that too. and Use the form someone suggested using in the link if it will help you.

Hardships are determined by the VA and they dont always result in a faster award by any means.

I personally would fight them with that fast letter.