Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ptsd?

Rate this question

cooter

Question

I was injured during a parachute landing 34 years ago in the service and it wasn't in a combat zone. My question is since I have alot of the symptoms of PTSD including, anxiety and panic atacks, depresion, hypertention, angry spells, and nightmares of falling and falling. the dreams aren't falling from a parachute but stupid things like off of a building, over a cliff, over a bridge, ect. Could this be part of PTSD?

!!!BROKEN ARROW!!!

• Answers 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Very well could be but it may be easier to look at a diagnosis and work backwards to your service.

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

Very well could be but it may be easier to look at a diagnosis and work backwards to your service.

Thanks 'Pete53'

Please explain ( work backwards to your service ).

Do you think being diagnosed at VA is better than civ doc or both?

!!!BROKEN ARROW!!!

It is always a lot easier to have a DX before filing for something. Whether it be a VA doc or a private doc. My brother and ex marine vet was going through anger management class at the VA and it was suggested he might have PTSD. So they sent him to a VA shrink and turned out he was just and angry azz Marine!

Hell I have known that for years!

He does have DM2 real bad so I still don't cross him!

• HadIt.com Elder

with the new rules in order to get a PTSD claim approved it HAS to be diagnosed by a VA doctor the new rules specifically rule out claims being approved on a civilian docs diagnosis so you need to get into either a vet center or the VA mental health clinic

100% SC P&T PTSD 100% CAD 10% Hypertension and A&A = SMC L, SSD
a disabled American veteran certified lol
"A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step."

I'm not Pete (I know, for this Pete is grateful) but, if you are looking for a PTSD claim, then you might as well start with the VA. Get yourself a PTSD diagnosis by way of a VA Healthcare Psychiatrist or Board-certified Psychologist.

Okie dokie I will. Thanks for the comeback I didn't know that. I have civ med. records dating back for years from Dr's that dispise me cause I get angry at them.ha. I had one blood specilist write in my record that I had a personality problem just because I disputed his reasoning on a certain matter. Well I found out from another specilist later on I was right! I guess some Dr's don't like to be doubted. Yeah, I know, only fools and birdsh*t jump out of a perfectly good airplane.ha. Thanks for the info LarryJ

!!!BROKEN ARROW!!!

with the new rules in order to get a PTSD claim approved it HAS to be diagnosed by a VA doctor the new rules specifically rule out claims being approved on a civilian docs diagnosis so you need to get into either a vet center or the VA mental health clinic

Wow that's interesting! I wonder if they'll accept civ medical records as any form of evidence.

!!!BROKEN ARROW!!!