Rate this question

Tomahawk

Question

• Answers 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Yeah Im using that link now but its taking a lot to wade through stuff that isnt applicable. Basically I got screwed on my C&P exam and Im just looking for cases with similar situations as mine that I can print/quote for the letter Im writing to submit on Friday in support of my claim.

I have been told on numerous occasions by VA doctors that the issues I filed a claim for are more likely than not caused or aggravated by my SC, or medications taken for my SC. And in the exam the pretty much flat out say that it isnt due to anything related to my SC or saying that it is would be "purely speculative."

For example I have had heartburn very badly since about a year before I got medically discharged. I was told on quite a few occasions it was more than likely from the NSAIDs Ive been on. Yet of course no one who says that TO ME will put it in writing. The C&P doctor states in his report "It is less likely than not that the veteran's use of nsaids from 1998 until present caused his esophogitus and GERDs." Then goes on to say "The veteran has other factors which would contribute to the severity of his conditions such as his weight gain of 70-80 pounds since being released from active duty." Fine I can accept that my weight is AN issue contributing. However the weight gain in and of itself is a known side effecct of 80% of the meds they have given me, not to mention spending over 2 years in various forms of casts and on crutches due to surgeries treating my SC condition. As well as not being able to do ANY type of exercise involving my foot which is my SC issue. Couple that with the fact the the drugs Ive been on have list on government websites KNOWN side effects to be "heartburn" "weight gain" and "gastrointestinal issues" you would think this would be a no brainer.

So Im trying to find some old claims that have issues dealing with medications causing issues to be secondary to my SC.

Then I have the C&P doc go through exactly how jacked up my back is. I have sustained no injuries to my back other than those incurred while on active duty, and in conjunction will falls I have had due to my foot issue. yet the doctor states "Having reviewed the record and examination, any relationship of this to his service, left foot, is purely speculative." I mean seriously. I can check 30 different websites linked back problems to improper gait caused by foot and knee issues. I have documented back strains in service. And I have documented back injuries caused by falls due to my foot condition. Yet it's a stretch to link the two? Please. Not to mention again half of the meds they give me are known to cause back pain. Which to me would say "Hey he has an bad limp, and takes meds that cause his back pain. Maybe they are linked to his back problems."

I am referring to looking for similar claims to what I have claimed so I can what the outcomes were and include those in my statement in support of claim. I think I have it figured out how to narrow it down. Thank you though.