Rate this question

sbrewer

Question

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

I know that if you are 50% or more Service Connected that VA would provide the shoes. But you should ask your VA Gatekeeper to write a prescription for them and see what happens.

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

I know that if you are 50% or more Service Connected that VA would provide the shoes. But you should ask your VA Gatekeeper to write a prescription for them and see what happens.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes, the VA does provide diabetic shoes. My husband's VA PCP ordered them. They are important for protecting the diabetic patient's feet. Don't delay in asking for them.

Morgan,

Do you know if the shoes are SAS shoes? Do you know if there is a difference between SAS and diabetic shoes? I think SAS may be just a name brand but I'm not sure.

Thanks,

sbrewer

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I checked and the brand on his shoes is "Apex." They are getting fairly old, so the VA might have a different brand now. SAS is a name brand shoe.

I am not sc'ed yet but they provided me with diabetic shoes.Great shoes too,most comfortable pair I have had in years.my pc doc ordered them,got them in less than a week.

it's me!