Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

A Partial Win

Rate this topic

DiEsMiTtY

Well today I got my award letter, which took me by surprise. Yesterday the 1800-number told me the raters requested another exam so I thought they put the process on hold. Well I opened it and the awarded me 10 percent for Anxiety disorder and panic disorder without a agoraphobia (claimed as PTSD). At first I was mad at the rating, but I calmed down atleast they believe me on something. I do feel I warrant a 30% rating for anxiety has my work ethic and social life is affected along the criteria for that rating. They deferred tinnitus and hearing loss. I had a C n P exam tinnitus and I posted those results in the C n P forum, and they scheduled me an appointment for an ABR which confirmed my hearing loss, yet the pencil necks rescheduled me more appointments. Anyways I havent even received these appointment letters so I fired off an Iris to find out what the hell is going on. So how do I proceed with a rating increase, should I wait till I get the results back from the tiniitus and hearing loss, or file it immedatly. I will scan the decesion letter after class tonight and post it, there are somethings that I believe to be a lie in it aswell. THANKS HADIT

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• HadIt.com Elder

I started at 10% and am now IU P&T. You have your foot in the door. You need to hire your own medical gunslingers now to help bump it up.

Sometimes one does not want others to know or hear how damaged one may truely is/feels and one may smile, and laugh as a way of not expressing their true feelings and try to avoid feeling "tainted" this however should not occur as you diminish the claim and avoid yourself of what you may be granted/deserve. This is the time to be honest and express your true feelings/emotions/thoughts and seek the help that can be available to you.

You will not be judged or admitted to a psych ward unless you are a danger to yourself or others ie suicidal or homicidial and very disturbed ot threatening.

You need to tell the truth if/what bothers you and why.

As far as the deferred claims they are waiting for and seeking other information needed to make an accurate decision on these 2 claims they deferred. If you have any further info send it in immediately if it may give definitive reasons/information to help you claims.

The examiner was a marine so we swapped some stories thats were the laughing part come in. As for smiling that I cant help I have a permanat smile, I was in a hearing at work and I got my wages garnished I was just smiling away. I knew I messed the CnP exam up he was retired major general so I was naturally intimadated. As for the hearing loss and tinnitus I have had four VAMC appointments each either confirming that I have hearing loss, or that they believe I have tinnitus. THe only thing is the doctor didnt opine on my CnP because they didnt send my C-file and the doctor requested it to Opine.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use