Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C&p Physical Before Xrays

Rate this question

okie143

Question

I am scheduled for a c&p physical on Thursday then 2 hours latter I am scheduled to take Xray's at a different location. I was told the VA contracted examiner would not see the Xrays but the radiologist would comment on what he sees.

I don't understand this as the physical examiner will be touching, feeling, pushing, etc., and talking to me about my VA rated injuries but the radiologist will not even see me he/she will only look at the xrays after the xray tech takes the pictures.

I guess it helps the vet as the xray might not show something that the physical examiner says he saw or touched.

Does this make sense?

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

I am scheduled for a c&p physical on Thursday then 2 hours latter I am scheduled to take Xray's at a different location. I was told the VA contracted examiner would not see the Xrays but the radiologist would comment on what he sees.

I don't understand this as the physical examiner will be touching, feeling, pushing, etc., and talking to me about my VA rated injuries but the radiologist will not even see me he/she will only look at the xrays after the xray tech takes the pictures.

I guess it helps the vet as the xray might not show something that the physical examiner says he saw or touched.

Does this make sense?

Yes, it makes sense. First of all, the location for your C&P physical may not have the specialized x-ray equipment necessary. Secondly, Radiology is a speciliazed field in medicine, and, trust me, you would not want your C&P examiner reading and interpreting your x-rays. The Radiologist will make a determination as to what they see on the films and pass this information along to the C&P examiner, who will then incorporate that into your exam results.

That's the way it works in the Big City.:biggrin:

"It is cold and we have no blankets.

The little children are freezing to death.

My people, some of them, have run away to the hills, and have no blankets, no food; no one knows where they are-perhaps freezing to death.

I want to have time to look for my children and see how many of them I can find.

Maybe I shall find them among the dead.

Hear me, my chiefs! I am tired; my heart is sick and sad.

From where the sun now stands, I will fight no more forever."

Chief Joseph

Post physical C&P exams with structural claims xrays are usually ordered as well as lab work too. The individual departments do an analysis/diagnosis and pass these to the person(NP or PA or )Dr who does the C&P to assist with thhei valid diagnosis of your issues/problems. ( It is suppose to work like this but sometimes doesn't though).