Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Crdp Vs Va Disability (retroactive)

Rate this question

javlin90

Question

If you fall in my boat. Retired Sep 2005, va accessed me 100% Mar 2006. CRDP isn't retroactive but since I retired with over 20 years. I used the complaint that since I was was over 20 years DFAS paid me my retirement or CRDP which would be the same but the VA gave me nothing. Well it worked I highly suggest each one in my boat to reopen a claim to this effect by calling you regional office to get what is due to you. Don't let them tell you any different.. They gave you nothing and you deserve every penny. File....

CRDP and retirement are paid by DFAS, VA pays disability!

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Guest DON20906

If you are evaluated 100% disabled by VA, then you are entitled to full concurrent receipt of retired pay and VA comp with no offset. Period. VA should pay to back to the first of the month following your date of claim, or to the first day of the month following your retirement if you applied with 1 year of RAD. IF DFAS is offsetting VA, it's because VA sent DFAS notice they shouldn't have. I'd ask both DFAS and VA for an audit.

If you fall in my boat. Retired Sep 2005, va accessed me 100% Mar 2006. CRDP isn't retroactive but since I retired with over 20 years. I used the complaint that since I was was over 20 years DFAS paid me my retirement or CRDP which would be the same but the VA gave me nothing. Well it worked I highly suggest each one in my boat to reopen a claim to this effect by calling you regional office to get what is due to you. Don't let them tell you any different.. They gave you nothing and you deserve every penny. File....

I am in a similar situation. Retired 1 Aug 06, VA rating of 80% given in Mar 07. But no retroactive pay even though I was told it would be retroactive to the date I applied or (Aug 06) or the date I retired if I applied within a year of retirement.

When I contact the VA, they tell me to contact DFAS. When I contact DFAS, they tell me to contact the VA. It is a great game, but the Vet is left in the middle (AGAIN)! How do we request an audit?

http://www.dfas.mil/retiredpay/retroactivepayment.html

Questions concerning retroactive payment can be submitted via the Internet by using our Retired Pay Customer Inquiry Request. [see link at bottom of web page cited.] You might include a query regarding the audit you desire.

Good luck...

To provide our valued customers with current information on VA Retro Processing the status chart below will be updated weekly. Included in the chart are the statistics for those retirees identified as part of the original population and those returning for new or additional benefits.

Status as of:

Jan. 1

Jan. 8

Original accounts

* New accounts

** Returning accounts

Accounts processed

Accounts remaining

Remaining original

Remaining new and returning

SOURCE: DFAS RETIRED AND ANNUITANT PAY

Edited by Manitou Sprgs

Hey Good Morning All

I am in the same boat. If you call this number here 1-877-327-4457 you can find out the status. They due remind me of the VA a lot we are working on it.

Good luck

Jim

Delay, Delay, Delay another thousand Vets will die today. This has been almost a 9 year trip thru the VA maze.

Jim

This whole program gets me-

It has been around much less time than the VA claims process has been and it is screwed up already-

We have lots of info here under search for CRSC and CRDP and also at Military.com web site.

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.

This whole program gets me-

It has been around much less time than the VA claims process has been and it is screwed up already-

We have lots of info here under search for CRSC and CRDP and also at Military.com web site.

Berta

The actual people who are working on the claims are a contractor (lockheed Martin) Well you know the goverment who can we get to do it for 7 bucks an hour. What gets me Is I was in the orignal group who was promised to be done by 17 November 07. Well when I call the 1800 number I am told they are working on it. there is no accountabilty there.

Jim

Edited by Jim MAC

Delay, Delay, Delay another thousand Vets will die today. This has been almost a 9 year trip thru the VA maze.

Jim