Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Anxiety (Nos)

Rate this question

postman56

Question

Hello all! I have been diagnosed with anxiety at the VA, where I receive treatment. In the axial diagnosis: Axis 1 states Mood DO (anxiety and depression) due to GMC (chronic pain) Anxiety NOS R/O GAD. I am trying to understand this I have a claim in for chronic pain (anxiety depression) from what I understand is that the NOS stands for Not Otherwise Specified and the R/o gad stands for Rule Out Gad. If this is true how do they rate the anxiety? I have looked up the ratings for mental health and I see where anxiety not otherwise specified is listed but not a rating. Any help would be welcomed with this. Also I received a C&P for all other claims, but not for the anxiety can the va rate this without a c&p since I receive treatment at the va? My gaff score is 60.

Thanks Postman56

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Pete53 I am employed with the USPS, but I have not been able to work since Aug.15, 2010 my primary care phisician has me out on sick leave until Oct. 18, 2010 due to lumbar, and cervical pain, also anxiety.

[

My gaff score is 60.

Postman56 I noticed that your GAF score is 60. Mine is too. Seems like it is common for the VA to score the GAF at 60. I have seen many other posts here and on the internet where others have GAF scores also at 60. Does anyone know what GAF 60 may rate at? Thanks.

68mustang

not sure what 60 rates at, but its gotta be documented , they just arent going to give you a higher score because you have one 60, im talking about multiple 60's, and 60 isnt that bad i dont think, 40 is suicidal and homicidal all that jazz, ive had a 10 a 20 a 45 and a 60 i think from the VA but i doubt that the rater will care, but it will help me on appeal, from what ive read gafs are not slam dunks and can easily be ignored like imos