Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Vso Clarification On Submitting Nod

Rate this question

COOL BREEZE

Question

I spoke to my VSO today for clarification on his method of helping me. This is what he is doing. We sent a letter for one claim for one NOD. In a week or so we will receive a letter requesting the medical information or other material-this has been opened as 1 case. We send that in, at the same time, we send in another NOD for another item. In another wards there will be many different cases all filed separately instead as 1 case as it will be quicker, and all these items will be submitted with one year. Every few weeks to a month I;ll be filing claims. If this pays off I could see extra cash coming in at different time periods. By sending them a shovel load they will sit on it, and the chances of getting a higher rating will be less than doing individual cases. I would appreciate if anyone had there VSO do this method or you yourself did this your input on this instead of throwing another kitchen sink NOD at them for all the many ratings that either were denied, not even looked at, or missed the medical information which was sent in and would have been a higher rating. This is starting to look real fun. I finally have a good hobby. The payoff is when I win, and that puts more money in my pocket. Me vs the VA-what a contest-the odds are stacked against me but I have a vast knowlege of information from you guys on this forum to win!!

• Answers 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

This is just my opinion; I do not understand his logic. By filing multiple NODs and claims that will eventually be combined and all rated at the same time, is a waste of your time. All the NODs and claims will be submitted within a month. VA does not like to do piece work. VA will try their best to combined all this information together and make one decision, yes you will have several NODs and claims but VA will try to make this as neatly as they can. When and if your claims go to the BVA you will have several issues but still one appeal. Maybe this is his way of trying to prove job security (that he is needed), by you constantly filing claims, and NODs, it shows that he is doing a lot of work when he could take care of all this at one time. As I said this is just my opinion.

Edited by pacmanx1

My intentions are to help, my advice maybe wrong, be your own advocate and know what is in your C-File and the 38 CFR that governs your disabilities and conditions.

Do your own homework. No one knows the veteran’s symptoms like the veteran. Never Give Up.

I do not give my consent for anyone to view my personal VA records.

This is just my opinion; I do not understand his logic. By filing multiple NODs and claims that will eventually be combined and all rated at the same time, is a waste of your time. All the NODs and claims will be submitted within a month. VA does not like to do piece work. VA will try their best to combined all this information together and make one decision, yes you will have several NODs and claims but VA will try to make this as neatly as they can. When and if your claims go to the BVA you will have several issues but still one appeal. Maybe this is his way of trying to prove job security (that he is needed), by you constantly filing claims, and NODs, it shows that he is doing a lot of work when he could take care of all this at one time. As I said this is just my opinion.

I agree-so do you suggest I take him out of the loop-he works 1 day a week and the other VSo's disagree with him. Can I just go on a different day and ask one of other VSo with DAV do it themselves-is it a bad practice to basically fire him but have someone else at the same place do it?

If you signed a POA it should be with the DAV not an individual, you can get any certified DAV VSO you want to help you with your claims. You have to do what is best for you. You are not changing your POA, you are just going with a different DAV VSO, so why would you have to fire any body. You should be able to get any VSO at that office to help you with your claims. If you singed an individual POA, you should change it as soon as possible.

My intentions are to help, my advice maybe wrong, be your own advocate and know what is in your C-File and the 38 CFR that governs your disabilities and conditions.

Do your own homework. No one knows the veteran’s symptoms like the veteran. Never Give Up.

If you signed a POA it should be with the DAV not an individual, you can get any certified DAV VSO you want to help you with your claims. You have to do what is best for you. You are not changing your POA, you are just going with a different DAV VSO, so why would you have to fire any body. You should be able to get any VSO at that office to help you with your claims. If you singed an individual POA, you should change it as soon as possible.

Thanks-I just want to get all these issues on the front burner, out of the way, so whatever needs to be done can be done quickly, I'll give them everything at once-state nothing else is forth coming so I won;t have to wait the mandantory 60 days or whatever time period they give you to submit. Is it 30 days or 60-and what reply should I give them so it doesn't sit dormat for 60 days?

After you submitted your evidence and the reason why you disagree with VA decisions, you can state that you waive the 30 days or 60 days period and request that VA process your claims as soon as possible. VA will most likely make you wait; VA will not be in a rush to resolve your claims. Keep in mind that you are appealing the claims VA have denied and it can take years before you get the final decision. Since you are just filing your NOD, VA will contact you for any additional evidence. You can also request a DRO hearing to try to resolve your claims faster but sometimes even this does not work and your claims have to go to BVA.

Hope the best

Edited by pacmanx1

I agree with Pete 992 and think it should be one NOD, too.

Didn't you have a different topic on this same subject yesterday? I think John999 answered your question the same way. If all your denials / lowballed ratings came back to you in one decision, you should do one NOD.

Good luck!

Edited by JustPLS

Pat

I wonder if I would have all the medical conditions that I have now if I had never joined the Army. I'm pretty sure the answer would probably be no. When I look around and see others my age who were not in the service, most of them look pretty healthy.

Do you think all the employees of the VA really understand that it is ONLY because we served that their positions even exist?

'67-'68 1st Cav, '69-'70 101st Abn