Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Chronic Cough/post Nasal Drip. Board Hearing Oct 19

Rate this question

bob barker

Question

i am lost in what i need to do to prove my claim. i have a chronic cough from my post nasal drip that started while overseas. i think it was caused from the horrible pollution that i was constantly around. i have a board hearing coming up and have no idea what i need for proof. the va acknowledges the condition i have its not service connected. HELP

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

bob,

Just a mention of coughing will not get this granted - you will need more evidence of some kind.

Study IMO information.

i understand i need more evidence....thats my problem.

if i were to get a IMO on my conditions that will take some time .i really screwed up by not being active in this but what should i do with my board hearing on oct 19? reschedule or show up and give them a buddy letter or 2.

i understand i need more evidence....thats my problem.

if i were to get a IMO on my conditions that will take some time .

i really screwed up by not being active in this but what should i do with my board hearing on oct 19? reschedule or show up and give them a buddy letter or 2.

bob,

I don't think a buddy letter will be much help at this point

but I guess something is better than nothing.

I'm sure you've been waiting quite a while for this hearing

and I too wish you'd been more active and at least have taken

your SMR/STR's to a doc and gotten an IMO to help support your claim issue/s.

Just reminded me a very very, very, extremely weird problem I have with my nose..

For many years now, whenever I stopp over for a few minutes.. my nose runs like a faucet. It can pour water (or water like liquid) that will only stop when I am up straight again..

I kept asking doctors what the problem is and I don't think one took me seriously.

I was watching a health show on cable about mystry health conditions where people have problems and can go their whole lives beofre they finally find the problem... one show figured it out and this person had a whole in their skull behind their nose and spinal fluid would leak out like this.. and the only fix was surgery, a bone graft to plug the hole..

I also developed an extrmely serious pleblem where the inside of my nose was swollen and was putting al kinds of silocn looking liquid, like the stuff you buy in harwade stores.. and told it was sinuisits, or rhinitis.

I had a feeding tube in my nose for six months and aksed it that caused an infection..

The nose got so bad it was a big scab in my nose..

the roof and sides were scabbed over, and that went on for 4 months.. the sewelling and disahrage has gone on for 2 years..

They never did fix it,, and it stil has a silicon like discharge daily.. and swells up inside..

int he USAF it may have been broken,, but I only aSked for a breathing problem to get help when I was on active duty and they checked my nostrils and they said it looked fine..

oh, well, just thought i would chime in.. lots of problems no one can help, or will help..

Edited by retiredat44