Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ebenefits Web Page

Rate this question

Dak To II ATC

Question

WTF?

I was all atwiter Monday when my eBenefits page showed both my active claims for IHD and TDIU had progressed to Notification. I thought, wow, I can fix my car and take wife out for a drink...

Today Notification has been changed back to Decision on both claims.

Has this happened to anyone else?

Has anyone an explanation?

Did Webb really f me over?

This isn't good for my angina or my attitude.

Thanks, I hope.

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

Spoke to a human at VA who advised me not to bother with eBenefits, just call VA. My file is still deep in the pile and the happy times of the last three days make me feel pretty stupid now. I can't take the excitement.

I am not getting much out of them these days except their generic answer about the IHD claims are priorty now and they plan to clear them up. Also read where the VA closed or finished over 100 thousand claims in Sept. they are saying that they will do over 1 mil this past year!

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

Spoke to a human at VA who advised me not to bother with eBenefits, just call VA. My file is still deep in the pile and the happy times of the last three days make me feel pretty stupid now. I can't take the excitement.

I found this out the hard way. Before my claims were finished recently, ebenefits said they were in the decision/rating phase for about 5 months. It never changed. However, I called the 1-800 number periodically and found my status was changing quite often. I would also call back an hour later and get the exact status. One of the 1-800 agents told me that the folks at my RO were probably too lazy to update the status for ebenefits. When my claim was finished, ebenefits showed it was complete on the exact day that someone called me from the RO.

Some folks here have reported the same occurrence, but other say the site is equally as accurate as calling 1-800.

"If it's stupid but works, then it isn't stupid."
- From Murphy's Laws of Combat

Disclaimer: I am not a legal expert, so use at own risk and/or consult a qualified professional representative. Please refer to existing VA laws, regulations, and policies for the most up to date information.

Exact same thing happened to me. Come to find out, they had farmed the paperwork out to Huntington from Atlanta. The Status had changed, but then changed within a week or so as the Huntington office was taking action. You might want to check the section where they discuss Jurisdiction. See if there's a Temporary Jurisdiction with another VARO listed.

Limbo is status quo for the VARO.

OK, now I am back to notification phase. I had asked IRIS and gotten word that a correction to my file had been required as a reason for the reversion.

Let"s hope the correction is complete and I can relax. It isn't that I am ungrateful for the assistance the VA offers but sometime it seems designed to trigger unwanted emotions and such.

My first VA experience was an hernia operation in "72 which fixed the hernia and gave me spinal headaches for three months so good with the bad seems a good description.

Luck to all.