Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

The Eagle Has Landed

Rate this question

60-man

Question

I have been reading this forum for about a year. I am a boots on the ground grunt in Vietnam. I filed a claim for IHD in Febuary 2010 going back to June 2008 on a denied claim. I recieved the big envelope today. 100% temporary till April 2010 and 60% with IU from then thru present. Everything went smoothly, I filed with the local county veterans service officer, All treatment has been with the VAMC in Palo Alto. They are paying 100% retro back to June 2008. My EF is 35-40% and MET's are 4.8

This should be in success stories, but I know that the AO vets are anxious to hear about awards. WAHOOOO!!!!!! This is already

relieving a LOT of stress.......I'll change my personal info as soon as I get my feet feet back on the ground. WAHOOO!!!!!!!!!!

Pat

• Answers 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

To keep the good news flowing, I received my entitlement letter yesterday 11/6/2010. Rated at 100%, permanent. My EF is 10 and METS at 5-6 and I am on the list for a heart transplant with a three lead AID implant. If you haven't received a letter yet, they're coming

very glad for your award that will benefit you and your family at this time!

But like Berta sorry to hear about the severe condition you are in. Good luck to you and God Bless!

GOOD NEWS... THE BIG BROWN ENVELOPE CAME TODAY!!! RATED @100% FOR CAD (IHD) METS OF 1.7 TOOK PRECEDENCE OVER EJECTION FACTION OF 62%

I HAVE TO HAND IT TO THE RENO VARO. I CAN'T SAY ENOUGH ABOUT THE SERVICE THEY HAVE GIVEN THIS VETERAN. THEY MUST HAVE SOME EXCELLENT PEOPLE WORKING THESE CLAIMS. I AM DEEPLY GRATEFUL TO THEM. (IF THERE ARE ANY RENO VA EMPLOYEES READING THIS, A SINCERE THANK S TO YOU AND YOUR KNOWLEDGEABLE STAFF FOR YOUR PROMPT SERVICE. MAY GOD BLESS YOU ALL)

ONLY OVERSIGHT IS THE EFFECTIVE DATE DOES NOT GO BACK TO 1996, BUT I DON'T CONSIDER THAT RENO'S FAULT. (I SUBMITTED MY 1996 CLAIM TO VA IN WASHINGTON DC.)

BUT, FOR NOW,,, I'LL JUST ENJOY THE MOMENT AND SUBMIT MY EVIDENCE FOR THE REMAINING RETRO AT A LATER DATE.

THANKS FOR ALL THE SUPPORT AND FRIENDSHIP FROM THE MEMBERS OF HADIT. KEEP THE FAITH,, YOURS WILL COME...

JUST REMEMBER TO READ, READ, READ AND DOCUMENT, DOCUMENT AND DOCUMENT

SEMPER FI!!!!!

THOMAS

WOW!!!!!!! This is wonderful news!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The EJ is great so I am glad VA did the right thing and considered the METS with precedence over the ECHO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was hoping they would do that in some cases- and you have shown us they can and they will!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"ONLY OVERSIGHT IS THE EFFECTIVE DATE DOES NOT GO BACK TO 1996, BUT I DON'T CONSIDER THAT RENO'S FAULT. (I SUBMITTED MY 1996 CLAIM TO VA IN WASHINGTON DC.)"

After you relax and enjoy this Victory- make sure --if they owe you any more retro at all- that you ask them for it!!!!!

There is some undated info here as to how they should be handling these claims to award the best EED possible.

The most errors VA will make in adjudicating these new AO claims will be in the retro amounts for sure.

Large awards should be thotoghlychecked aganst the historic rate tables at the VA web site.

They almost snookered me out 40 thousand dollars a few years ago.

And I almost overlooked it!!!!!! AFter I called it to their attention, I got the $$$$ very fast.

Edited by Berta

Geez I meant Updated not undated

I type faster than I think.

I'm glad to hear someone is getting some type of compensation for the new presumptive diseases. That means mine should be in the mail any day now. I have the IHD. I have been permanently disabled since Oct. 2002 with four bypasses. And a punctured lunge during the operation. I applied for the disease when it came out in October 2009. I think that's when the new presumptives came out. And then passed into law October 31st I think, of this year. Wish me luck.