• donate-be-a-hero.png

Full Re-Examination Of Ptsd

Rate this question

MikeS

Question

Hi all:

I have been PTSD since 1999.

Rated TDIU in 2002.

Submitted a claim for "SMC Housebound" this July.

Saw an RN at VA for "Housebound due to agoraphobia" in September.

Saw a VA psych for a "Full reexamination of my PTSD" last week.

I told the psych that I was only to be evaluated for "agoraphobia secondary to PTSD" that would prove that I am Housebound.

He told me that the VA "always" performs reexaminations of anything that was previously awarded whenever any "new" claim is filed.

Took me by surprise!!

It was 1 hour of a computerized test followed by 2 hours of "reliving".

Before I left, the psych told me that his recommendation/opinion is that the Agoraphobia is secondary to the PTSD, but the RN is the one who decides if I am Housebound.

The reexamination on PTSD caught me off guard!

An RN performing a C&P for Housebound confused me!!

BUT.......3 hours for a C&P for Agoraphobia secondary to PTSD brought me all the way back to a dark place where I smell the war in the middle of the night, and you don't want to know what I see and taste.

The VA should have at least notified me that FULL REEXAMINATION OF PTSD was going to be performed at the C&P for Agoraphobia.

I hope that my experience serves as a "heads up" to all of my fellow disabled veterans that you must never take anything for granted, always be prepared for anything, and don't trust anybody!! (except Tbird).

This website has everything we all need to prepare for the expected as well as the unexpected.

Mike S.

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

We here on Hadit always make vets aware that ANYTIME a vet files they are subject to a review by the VA of ALL their conditions! I personally have seen this mentioned by all the elders and members from way back when. This will happen whenever you put in for an increase too.

Good luck to you!

This is very true. It is VA law when you want housebound or A&A. They have to look at everything.

We here on Hadit always make vets aware that ANYTIME a vet files they are subject to a review by the VA of ALL their conditions! I personally have seen this mentioned by all the elders and members from way back when. This will happen whenever you put in for an increase too.

Good luck to you!

James A. Bunker

Executive Director

National Gulf War Resource Center

Phone: 785-925-9887

Email: Do not post your email address.

Join us on Facebook