VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Thailand

Rate this question

Berta

Question

Bears re posting due to the 3 new presumptives-

http://www.publichealth.va.gov/exposures/agentorange/thailand.asp

What bothers me is that Nehmer isnt mentioned here-with this info from the VA itself (due to Kurt Priessman's incredible work)

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

I mean BARES repeating-it is hunting season in NY -maybe not quite bear season yet but close to it- Ha Ha

Last night I visited Kurt Priessman's web site and found this BVA decision frrom Sept of this year, see link below. It's interesting reaading. It granting service connection to a Thailand veteran for diabetes and a few other things secondary to his diabetes. What's interesting is that the service connection was granted both on having stopped in Vietnam on his way to and from Thailand and on the fact that he worked on the perimeter of Udorn. The decision cited the CHECO report, the ROE and the May 2010 C&P bulletin on the handling of claims by Thailand veterans.

Would that decision help my recently denied claimed herbicide exposure while working on the perimeter of Korat/Campfriendship?

http://cid-bdb328182ccb4e51.skydrive.live.com/browse.aspx/.res/BDB328182CCB4E51!2390

The best evidence you can get is proof positive that your MOS put you on or near within feet of the perimeter where they did the actual spraying.

The BVA case you mentioned was a no brainer for VA because the vet did have boots on ground Vietnam.

I did submit evidence in the way of pictures and a buddy statement that I worked near the perimeter which they ignored. But I did find it interesting that they did mention that the veteran did work on the perimeter of Udorn. What I got out of it was that he had presented a strong enough case on both counts that he would have been granted service connection in either case.

Thanks for responding and I hope that you and yours have an enjoyable Thanksgiving.

The best evidence you can get is proof positive that your MOS put you on or near within feet of the perimeter where they did the actual spraying.

The BVA case you mentioned was a no brainer for VA because the vet did have boots on ground Vietnam.