VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Cfs Denied For Sleep Apnea And Dpression

Rate this question

Scallywag007

Question

I had put in for a presumptive of Chronic Fatigue, Sleep Apnea, depression, and chronic pain. I was denied everything. What I am confused about is they denied my Chronic Fatigue due to depression and Sleep Apnea. At that time, and the present, i am being treated for the sleep apnea w/ CPAP and I take meds for depression. Yet I still have the fatigue.

Question: Can they use the treated sleep apnea and depression as a nexus for the fatigue?

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

It sounds like you filed a claim for chronic fatigue syndrome but it was not service connected and you filed a claim for depression and sleep apnea secondary to your chronic fatigue syndrome or something like that. If this is the case VA decided that if they deny the claim for CFS, they could deny everything. I don't know what type of evidence you have but you will need diagnosis of all these conditions. Since you are being treated for sleep apnea and depression is there a way to claim these as directly related to your military service? Can you post your rating decision removing all your personal information like name, SSN, and address, that would allow the board to help you better? The thing would be is to get one thing service connected and go from there before asking for any type of secondary conditions or try to claim them all as directly related to your military service.

Edited by pacmanx1

It sounds like you filed a claim for chronic fatigue syndrome but it was not service connected and you filed a claim for depression and sleep apnea secondary to your chronic fatigue syndrome or something like that. If this is the case VA decided that if they deny the claim for CFS, they could deny everything. I don't know what type of evidence you have but you will need diagnosis of all these conditions. Since you are being treated for sleep apnea and depression is there a way to claim these as directly related to your military service? Can you post your rating decision removing all your personal information like name, SSN, and address, that would allow the board to help you better? The thing would be is to get one thing service connected and go from there before asking for any type of secondary conditions or try to claim them all as directly related to your military service.

Actually I applied them all seperate but at the same time not listing one or the other as secondary. I do understand that I should have gone a different route and i'm pretty upset with myself about that. but my main thing is the Chronic Fatigue. It is a presumptive, it is diagnosed. Was the examiner allowed to use treated illnesses for ruling out the presumptive chronic fatigue? I have a claim in for PTSD as well, finally got my c&p appt letter today.

TIA

If you are a veteran that server in the Gulf War I or II CFS is presumptive. what will make it hard for some it if they have SA like you have. The RO wants to deny the claim without following the medical books on DXing CFS right.

The NGWRC can give you some more advice. We only work on giving advice on these types of claims for the past 15 years.

www.ngwrc.org

Actually I applied them all seperate but at the same time not listing one or the other as secondary. I do understand that I should have gone a different route and i'm pretty upset with myself about that. but my main thing is the Chronic Fatigue. It is a presumptive, it is diagnosed. Was the examiner allowed to use treated illnesses for ruling out the presumptive chronic fatigue? I have a claim in for PTSD as well, finally got my c&p appt letter today.

TIA

What did the C & P exam state and what was the reason and bases of the denial? Can you post them leaving out any personal information; name, SSN, address, this will help the board help you.