Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Records Request

Rate this question

pookie64

Question

I received a invoice from a records copying service today for copies that the VA had requested, now the billing company tells me that if I cancel the $96.00 request I will still be responsible for 50% of the invoice. So to make a long story short I am out of pocket for $50.00 plus If I have these records sent. I would like to know if these records are pertinent to my being rated and I have already sent in the same items copies. Any advice would be appreciated. Thank You

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I submitted a statement in support advising the VA that they already had these records in their possesion. spoke with the 800 number and was hung up on the first time. (smile) Then called back and spoke with a gentleman named Will and he advised that all my required paperwork has been recieved and the RO has been advised that the claim is ready for rating. I am sitting back and waiting on the results. Have a Merry Christmas and a Safe and Happy New Year.

Kaiser here in California charges for personal copies if more than six pages but doesn't charge for copies is requested by the VA.

Kaiser also destroys records after seven years, if you stop using them as your medical provider..

Luckily, I had copies sent to the VA when I changed from Kaiser to the VA. I am awaiting copies of Kaiser records from the VA.

Not in appeals, since I got 100%, and some of it was winning an 1151 negligence, which the VA turns out does not give ful benefits if you win 1151 negligence they squirm and legal loophhole you and your family out of many benefits, really crapp nasty bunch running the va benefits, they wil backstab and scre wyou even if you win you lose. May 2021.

01-01-11_My_Medical_Records2.jpg