Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ihd

Rate this topic

EdB

That is awesome. You are on your way.

Has anyone told you this: Welcome Home and Thank you for your service. Did you get a PH for your wound?

JBasser

Thanks. Rockman got a PH along with a Bronze Star with V Device and some others.

I try to do research while he is at work. Any mention of VA kinds stirs him up, even though he is very grateful for this IHD comp! His PTSD is really playing havoc at work. Just about all he remembers now is things etc. from Vietnam. He will get through this, I know.

Rockman's wife

You know that "It Is What It Is" and I really am Doing the Best that I can ..taking one day at a time.

God Bless all!

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was wounded in March 1968 at Khe Sanh and I did get a purple heart.

He was wounded at Banana Mountain in Feb. '71. I know you wish you did not have to receive the PH, but thank you for your service!

Rockman's wife

You know that "It Is What It Is" and I really am Doing the Best that I can ..taking one day at a time.

God Bless all!

Rockman's wife stated:

"The RO lady called back a gain telling me that a letter should be mailed out to my husband today regarding the PTSD claim. They show med info received. The letter will be asking us to show where his PTSD was in the service and thru the present. If we cannot get a hold of those records, then we cannot prove a thing."

You mentioned he has a PH and Bronze Star with V device- I am surprised they have not conceded a stressor.

These awards should be on his DD 214 or if possible his DD 215 ( the reason why a DD 215 correction should always be sent to the VA to be put with the DD 214)

A PH is always a stressor. Has he claimed the GSW and any scarring or muscular damage it caused?

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.

Rockman's wife stated:

"The RO lady called back a gain telling me that a letter should be mailed out to my husband today regarding the PTSD claim. They show med info received. The letter will be asking us to show where his PTSD was in the service and thru the present. If we cannot get a hold of those records, then we cannot prove a thing."

You mentioned he has a PH and Bronze Star with V device- I am surprised they have not conceded a stressor.

These awards should be on his DD 214 or if possible his DD 215 ( the reason why a DD 215 correction should always be sent to the VA to be put with the DD 214)

A PH is always a stressor. Has he claimed the GSW and any scarring or muscular damage it caused?

His awards are on his DD 214.

This is what it has on eBenefits ( if you this is corretc):

1)- Contentions: PTSD

2)- What do we still need from you?: We need evidence showing that the following condiition(s) existed from military service to the present time

post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)

3)

God Bless all!

His awards are on his DD 214.

This is what it has on eBenefits ( if you this is corretc):

1)- Contentions: PTSD

2)- What do we still need from you?: We need evidence showing that the following condiition(s) existed from military service to the present time

post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)

3)

SORRY, BUT I PRESSD THE WRONG BUTTON. THEN I TYPED ALL OF THE REST AND THE INTERNET CONNECTION WENT FOOEY, AND GUESS WHAT, I LOST IT ALL. I WILL TRY AGAIN, WITH THE END OF #2!

2) continued- Date opened- 01/04/2011 Suspense Date- 02/03/2011

3)- What we have received- All medical info from the get go. The last entry is on 09/30/10 with an 0820.

My husband had to go back to his VA CBOC on 09/30/2010 for a re-do of his blood work. At that point he

was having a hard time coping with everything. He asked the people up front if he could talk to the Mental

Health person sometime. They called her and she took him right back to her office. After they talked a long

while, she made him an appointment for 10/04/2010. This is when she gave him the suicide prevention

sheet and others. She then said come back in a week, which he did. On 10/07/2010, it shows that a claim

was started.

4)- What have we done- Items- Memphis Date opened 01/04/2011 Date Suspended- 03/05/2011

What I am thinking, but I mayabe be totally off base is this. The PTSD claim would be approved with his stressors with the effective

date of 10/07/2010. The claim we sent to DAV in Nashville & was walked over and stamped was on 10/18/2010.

The wanting of his Military records to see if he can prove he has had it all along. Why would they ask for that? I know the Mental

Health lady knows he is indeed in very bad shape.

He is over the addictions program in a prison and now he cannot cope with any of that. He forgets everything except details of

his brothers in Vietnam and his experiences over there. He is not the same person I married, but I WILL NEVER EVER GIVE UP

ON HIM!! I will see him through all of this treatment and hopefully they can help him cope in his everyday life!!

Unless he cannot stay there, either for his PTSD or the Pulmonary Fibrosis, his last day at work will be 03/31/2011. Then he will be

fililng for SSDI. The pulmonologist at VA wants him to file and she said thet she will write him a letter. We are going to ask to make

sure it is in his VA file records also. January 2010, the first VA Pulmonologist put in his records that he should qualify for disability.

I just wish the VA would do SC'd for the Pulmonary Fibrosis. Our outside pulmonologist ( who interned at VA) said that it is a direct

result of Agent Orange. We go there in two weeks, but getting a doctor to write a nexus may be hard to do.

I am sorry for t his long posting. Thank you for all of your help and guidance.

Rockman's wife

God Bless all!

Rockman's wife stated:

Berta, after my long posting, I failed to answer your question. What is GSW? No, he has not filed anything like that, but is going to a chiropractor. He said that he may have to see an orthopedic doc to see if it all is related. He went to the VA in Feb. 1990 to make sure the shrapnel had not moved, for he was having back problems and going to a chiropractor at the time. They refused to show him his xray at that time. The gave him motrin 800, I think and back strengthening exercises.

On the radiological consult ( after we sent for copies late last year) it has:

Report: CT Lumbar spine on 02/27/1990: no contrast given. Anterior osteophyte formation with Schmoris node at L3 disc level. Mild bulging discs at L3-4-5. No evidence of HNP.

Impression: Degenerative changes with multiple mild bulging disc, however no HNP.

When he was in Nam, his tailbone was chipped and has cracked ribs. They acknowledged the chipped tailbone, but it is at 0%. My husband just called me and therefore, I could get the correcect info on that. They also have removal of ribs and he would like to k now where and when did they remove his ribs. It is amazing what you find out by requesting your medical records ( not while in service-still waiting on those).

He was so upset for the way they treat vietnam vets and all they all want is drugs. He did have a beard, but he is certainly no addict.

I have no clue as to what all of this mean.

Rockman's wife

God Bless all!

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use